Peter Johnsson interview on making swords & faking sword
I hope some of you will enjoy this:
https://youtu.be/J5uCjHbGTF0

Best wishes,
Matt
I've watched the first half (did it last night before noticing this post - I'm a youtube subscriber of yours). I really like what I have seen so far and I will be interested to see more of the same. I also really like the chats you've had with Tod about daggers and scabbards, for example. Thank you!
I'm always glad when you venture before the 18th century! On concealed armour in the middle ages, this article on concealable armour in the Archivio Datini di Prato might be of interest.
Great video, Matt! Peter Johnson was a great choice to kick off the new series of videos, and the interview questions were spot on!
Getting into the mind frame of such an impactful member of the community was a real treat, good job!

My only complaint was the complete lack of discussion on penetration. A sage such as Peter would surely have much to say about the best tip design for penetration and the appropriate amount of thrust needed in relation to the length and mass of the blade. Oh well, maybe next time?
A fun and informative interview!

We didn’t learn how to spot fakes, but you guys are the real deal!

Looking forward to more discussions like this one.
That was very interesting and the anger towards fakes was truly palpable! Any plans for a second part in this what I assume to be a series? :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: