Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My research/upcoming-Videoseries-Long overdue Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Courtney

PostPosted: Sat 19 Feb, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject: My research/upcoming-Videoseries-Long overdue         Reply with quote

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but here goes.
I am A Long time Original researcher in the related fields of Arms and Armor, HEMA and other closely related topics and.... I am many Long years Behind where I should be.
Had thing gone the way I planned I would have established myself(or at the very least began to) well over 20years ago (going well back into the 1990s) when I was still a young Lad-well before our current Era now. -with A Major MileStone Birthday coming up well.. tommorrow actually on Feb.20th-I decided it was time to use that as a positive catalyst to at least make this step to announce the Video series Ive been working on to finally have a proper medium to showcase some of my many years of research into a variety of different Arms and armor. sword and HEMA subjects( of which i was among the earliest of our modern/current movement, but unfortunately--- did not have the proper resources to establish myself in th manner i intended way back then or in the equally many years since then) in - and share many of my Unique and original theories , research concepts, etc.- I am A Former custom sword/Blade/Historical Arms smith and Designer( and hope to fairly soon reestablish my business( after App. a 14-15 year hiatus) that was never intended to go long-term as it did Personal Health, economic and Other factors Affecting that and My HEma Instruction/school in much the same way and for the same period of time

the more specialized of these videos will feature less known ( and often Underappreciated aspects of Arms studies) including many nuances associated with less common rarer form of sword and Pole arms ( across Many different cultures and time periods)- and how much variation in specific hilt forms on certain sword types or Hafted weapons/Polearms( may not always fundamentally alter general usage) but.... can (and will )often open up for surprising and subtle variations of there Handling and usage.-- and further how these elements intersect into various HEMA forms esp. Established Polearms forms and exploring variant techniques with less conventional forms just For Example: in the Bolognese school or Meyer: with different forms of Halberd, Roncone, and others..... these are among the things I intend bring to the fore. as well as more conventional topics like reviews of certain reproduction Sword/weapon models( some of which will be used as discussion aides) and more conventional talks about period military tactics and broader historical topics.
I was hoping to have the channel at least prepared at this time, but it will be a short ways off though likely in the very near future.
I would appreciate any positive and encouraging replies, as I hope to after all these long years have something that most will find ..at least somewhat.. interesting, informative, and enjoyable. and as such beneficial to the broader community
So please stay tuned as I should post a link in the coming weeks.
Thanks for reading
Best
Jonathan Courtney
Arms and Armor Researcher/Former(hopefully soon again to be)-- Custom Sword designer and bladesmith-- Original HEMA Researcher/Instructor/Practitioner

An Open Mind, Idealism tempered with Discipline, and Perseverance, are keys to success in many great things.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathan,
I’m always up for more quality content on arms and armour. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Jonathan Courtney

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad- Thank you much, for your kind reply Happy
An Open Mind, Idealism tempered with Discipline, and Perseverance, are keys to success in many great things.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My research/upcoming-Videoseries-Long overdue
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic