Morning all,

I finally got around to tidying up the web site - https://www.themodernarmbruster.com/ The catalogue now has example photos and 3D models of each of my five stock models (which also include two new ones; a western munition bow and one inspired by the Maximilian bows in the Berlin History Museum).

The main reason for this post is I'm pretty excited to share an experiment I recently completed. Now, this is obviously NOT historically accurate, however my goal with this project was to combine elements from historical crossbows into one design that could have existed in the 17th or 18th centuries. I also wanted to use a modern, inexpensive fibreglass prod - this one is 150lbs draw weight and is absolutely ideal for target shooting. I'm pretty happy with the results in this prototype, done in oak.

I also tried electrolytic etching for the first time, on the bow irons. I need to refine the process a bit, but the results of this test were really great! The other goal for this test was to explore the possibilities and limits of the inlay material I used, which is a high-density polyester designed to mimic bone (it also comes in ivory, ebony, and a host of other material imitations). It's very easy to work with and helps to keep costs down, compared with real bone. I want to do some more test shooting when the weather gets a bit warmer, but the half-dozen shots I've taken with this thing are very promising.

This protoype will be available for purchase; PM if you're interested. The final stock version will be available in walnut or cherry.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

Attachment: 518.05 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 521.25 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 511.74 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 519.82 KB