Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Seventh Annual Which group do you belong to poll? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
Russ Mitchell

PostPosted: Tue 10 May, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All the more curvy women for me, then... #10, please.
10,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
Doug Gardner

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 10 May, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: knight for me...         Reply with quote

OK, with a Knight, Sovereign, & Viceroy, I guess that makes me one of those "dress me up in steel & tell me who to taunt" types. Although... I did spend 20 years where the only things in my collection were a couple of sabres. But, I never did learn to ride a horse, so I guess I'd probably be classed as a n'aer-d-well knight. WTF?! Razz
Doug Gardner
J. Padgett

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Category 4: The Knights
Often mistaken for wandering ironmongeries the knights can easily be distinguished by all
the sheet metal that they wear. The knights are a idealistic group always searching for dragons
to slay, maidens to rescue and when all else fails windmills to tilt at. The knights greatest
pride is their medieval European swords of all types their greatest fear is powerful magnets.

Whether polling is still open, or not! I qualify as a knight. I have a growing interest in curvy swords however, and have always been interested in curvy women. Big Grin
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As it happens you are in luck, I won't be doing the actual tallying until tonight, you can expect the results sometime late tonight.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Patrick J.

PostPosted: Wed 11 May, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A Viking - Always looking for a good fight to bring one closer to Odin. When not fighting, will be found drinking mead until plastered. Even then will be ready for a glorious fight. When not drinking or fighting and sometimes during, trying to impress women with tales of conquest, war and pillaging. A Vikings ultimate goal is to die fighting for Odin will a sword in one hand and a mug of mead in the other. Valkries!! I am ready to fight for Odin, mead & women in Valhalla until the end of time!
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: And the Winner Is!!!         Reply with quote

And the winner is... the Knights!!!! I'm sure that comes as a big surprise. Happy The knights won overwhelmingly again this year. There were 20 knights, in second place were the 6 vikings and to my surprise our electic whining bunch came in third this year with 4. It's interesting to me that Western Arms and Armor seem to predominate in this forum where the katana seems to dominate elsewhere... I wonder why that is... Any thoughts?

The winner of the kukri is: Glen A Cleeton! Congratulations Glen, I'll be sending you a p.m. to get your contact information!

Thanks to all of you who participated. Until next year....

Aaron Schnatterly

Reading list: 67 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: And the Winner Is!!!         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
It's interesting to me that Western Arms and Armor seem to predominate in this forum where the katana seems to dominate elsewhere... I wonder why that is... Any thoughts?

Thanks, Russ! Also, congrats to Glen!

Any thoughts? Yup - one.

I'm wondering if it isn't the old Chicken / Egg thing. In other words, the answer to your question may be your question. Since Asian forms have such a foothold elsewhere, Western may have been looking for a home. Likewise, since here is predominantly Western, and Asian so much more prevalent elsewhere...

I'm not saying that this is a Western-only site - the moderators have been quite open about inviting ALL historic weapons and armour. Heck, the site's tag says it's "A Resource for Historic Arms and Armour Collectors" - no reference to Asian, Western, or any other ethno-geographic limitation. Just Historic Arms and Armour.

Honestly, though, it's the availability of intelligent, knowledgeable, and respectful discussion about Western A&A and the associated history that brought me here as opposed to elsewhere. It isn't that I don't respect other forms, I just have a lesser interest in them than I do in Western forms. In fairness, I will have to say that some of the discussions about things generally outside my realm have broadened my knowledge and understanding quite a lot.

There you go... my $0.02. You asked... Razz

-Aaron Schnatterly

Fortior Qui Se Vincit
(He is stronger who conquers himself.)
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Zounds and egads! WOW!

Thanks Russ. Excuse the multiple messages if they go through. I seem to have hit a midday traffic jam. I also sent a direct E-mail.

I maintain my Celtic stance, certainly there were Celtic knights and rapierists. It could even be said that those bent leafs of some cultures were a result of something that started straight.

I'm not sure why the katana is so favored elsewhere. The preference does seem to grow but many appreciate more than one ilk and genre.

Thanks again.

GC
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Glen A Cleeton wrote:
Zounds and egads! WOW!

Thanks Russ. Excuse the multiple messages if they go through. I seem to have hit a midday traffic jam. I also sent a direct E-mail.

I maintain my Celtic stance, certainly there were Celtic knights and rapierists. It could even be said that those bent leafs of some cultures were a result of something that started straight.

I'm not sure why the katana is so favored elsewhere. The preference does seem to grow but many appreciate more than one ilk and genre.

Thanks again.

GC

No problem, they did go through. I suspect that you've run afoul of the same technical difficulties that many of us have experienced in the last few weeks. Anyway, you are more then welcome. I think for my tenth annual poll I'm going to give away a sword...

Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: And the Winner Is!!!         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
...and to my surprise our electic whining bunch came in third this year....

HooRah for the eclectic whiners!!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Seventh Annual Which group do you belong to poll?
Page 5 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: