Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Arma Bohemia Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John Dunn

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject: Arma Bohemia         Reply with quote

Just looking for some info on them in regards to quality of swords, balance, etc.

Also do their blades come sharp?

I have seen posters on this site and others who have their daggers and seemed pleased but not as much info on Swords and grosse messers

Does anyone have any experience with them?
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Arma Bohemia is a seller of products from a lot of different makers Quality will of course depend on which vendor they are sourcing the item from. That said, they pick their craftsmen well. They sell sharp and blunted swords. Both are shown on their web site. They also will get quotes for custom items to your spec.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have the Cluny inspired sword from their site. I got it second hand, but it was practically new - the particular collector has a tendency to acquire and quickly move on and move out of items and I've picked up a couple of swords from him.

It's sharp and came with a sheath and suspension (not a wood-core scabbard, but leather sheath). It is well made, well balanced and a nice representation of the style. It is all polished steel rather than having the darkened fittings of the original and no rain guard, but is a great deal for the price point.

I've never ordered custom from them, but have ordered in-stock daggers and a couple of knife and pricker sets. Ive been happy with everything. The daggers, in particular, are nice, clearly hand-forged pieces rather than mass produced. They have character and soul and minor flaws that make them real, but don't take away from their usefulness and quality. The service I've had from them in the past was quick and with reasonable communication. Since I haven't had any problems with the timing of delivery or quality of product, I can't speak to their problem resolution characteristics.
John Dunn

PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Arma Bohemia         Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. May eventually order a sword from them to see for myself.

Had not really heard anything bad about them but there is not a lot of info out there on their swords compared to other vendor/manufacturers
Michael P. Smith

PostPosted: Sun 28 Feb, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've mostly had good luck with them.... though I currently have a package in shipping limbo from them.
John Dunn

PostPosted: Mon 01 Mar, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Arma Bohemia         Reply with quote

Michael P. Smith wrote:
I've mostly had good luck with them.... though I currently have a package in shipping limbo from them.

Is it a vendor issue or a mail issue? Just curious and is it held up in Europe or another country if a mail issue?
Michael P. Smith

PostPosted: Thu 18 Mar, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Arma Bohemia         Reply with quote

John Dunn wrote:
Michael P. Smith wrote:

Is it a vendor issue or a mail issue? Just curious and is it held up in Europe or another country if a mail issue?

Mail issue. It took a while, but my package arrived safe and sound and is very nice. Hard to tell where the hold up was (probably customs in Czechia), but AB said they were having some issues getting packages to North America in a timely fashion, so I was warned. And AB was very responsive in helping me track it and was ready to file a lost package claim if it came to that.

Recommended.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Arma Bohemia
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic