Authenticated Japanese Katana by Hidetoshi (Ido Shunzo)
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

What I have is a authentic Japanese katana by a smith with the art name of Hidetoshi, (real name is Ido Shunzo). The katana was made in Noshu over in what is known today as Mino Province. The province of many famous battles. The sword was made during the 1940's and is signed by the smith clearly, it also very likely has seen combat over in the pacific. It has a 26.5 blade, with about a 10" approx. tang. Asking $2100. $1800 if through paypal friends and family. Or trade for a good longsword.

It has also been authenticated by David Mcdonald, an authenticator whos been doing this for well over twenty years. It is currently completely restored and beyond to bring it to its maximum potential. It has gone through the entire polish phase and has about 150 hours in it through polishing alone! It has just been finished being restored at the beginning of April of 2021. I have well over two thousand alone in restoring this sword so far, I am taking a great loss. Usually a katana (the blade itself) of this caliber goes for about $3.5k+ in Japan (strongly depending of course).

I also have a complete custom tsuka for it made in the old ways. As well as a signed tsuba, original habaki, everything except a saya. The Menuki pins and seppas are the only things modern on the katana there wholly handmade from raw copper for the menuki pins and raw nickel for the seppas. The kashira and fuchi are beautiful and are in fantastic shape. All the ito for this sword is completely handmade silk ito strictly from Japan. It is one beautiful katana. And the last 6 inches or so (the main contact point in combat) is for a heavy contact blade, absolutely wicked sharp, please handle with upmost care if you'd like to buy! The only other thing is that the seppas are a little uneven and there is a small gap on both sides, and there is a pretty small space in the same wrap where its been cut out, there is also very little movement in the tsuba left to right (that's not noticeable at all). It still has a few pockets and marks, but otherwise its wonderful. And the grip is very very thick because I preferred it that way. But the sword itself is leagues and leagues above the fittings. The fittings I maybe have $450 in total. Like I said this sword has about 150 hours in restoration alone, plus over $2000 put into it. And of course I can email you that actual pdf authentication paper if you would like with it. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to message me!

Thank You For Looking![/img]

I'm going to go down to $1850 on standard paypal or $1700 with friends and family. Or a trade for a nice albion plus the remaining amount I'm asking. That's giving it away at that, again I put over $2000 in this alone not counting the over 150 of a complete re-polishing.

Updated:
$1650 through paypal or $1500 with the friends and family or possibly trade plus cash. I have about 1.8k in it as it stands now, not including the 150 hours spent in restoration. Comes with original Habaki and a signed Tsuba. Let me know if your interested, thanks!

So no tsuka. It will be just the sword, habaki, and the signed tsuba.

And I meant to say $1550 with standard paypal or $1400 with friends and family. Im not going any lower though.

And iv been told the images didn’t work before so here they are.

https://imgur.com/a/ckrQnKF

And I changed my mind that I am including the tsuka now too for free so $1550 for standard paypal or $1400 with friends and family. And I should also mention that the tsuka is obviously not original to the sword it was made separately and is just an extra to the sword. But im not going any lower, But let me know if your interested.

Cheers

Iv been offered close to $1300 through friends and family shipped. So last call for $1300, let me know if your interestred.

I had a few cancel on me and all my offers are revolving in the $1200 area. So that's were I'm going to be keeping the price, $1200 shipped through friends and family. But absolutely no lower. Cheers

Last Call after tonight it gets removed, its selling.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: