2021 Arms & Armor
Hello all

We hope this finds you healthy and happy. Its been an interesting time in 2020 and we are looking forward to an improved 2021(fingers crossed). One thing I wanted to do this year is to get back to interacting here more. With the web blog and other projects time is tighter than in the past but I miss this space and some of the great things on here. The quality over other platforms is to good to pass by :-)

So I will try to keep folks updated more and to start here is a new model from The Oakeshott Institute the iconic Type XIV Moonbrand and our blog post with video today that looks at the same sword.

We have lots to do in the shop and hope to bring some new items out and have some interesting special projects to share in 2021 and hope you enjoy what we have to share.

Be well, be healthy

Best
Craig
Craig, when you said a new "model" you got me all hot & bothered -- I thought you meant a production Moonbrand! Not that the computer model isn't interesting, but... :)
Craig,

I really enjoyed that! So cool to see close up shots from angles that typically don't get featured in online museum catalogues or other online sources. I'm particularly interested in the construction of originals so that is exactly the type of stuff that I like to see. Thank you for taking the time to showcase Moonbrand and thanks for sharing.
Craig,
Good to see you around here again. :) I’m looking forward to seeing more of the things you guys put together. I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve run across elsewhere.

I also got excited when you mentioned the new model. I had the same thought as Joe. :)
Happy new year Craig!

I look forward to checking that out, Could this lead to a production piece? I've often wondered why A&A don't have your own version of this sword, considering how famous it is. There have been a number of other reproductions on the market, but you guys could easily lay claim to having the most authentic piece. :)
Apologies Joe
Joe Maccarrone wrote:
Craig, when you said a new "model" you got me all hot & bothered -- I thought you meant a production Moonbrand! Not that the computer model isn't interesting, but... :)

Apologies my friend. I did not mean to get your hopes up yet :-)

Craig
Moonbrand
Thank you Joe, Chad, Tyler and JD

Its fun to share with folks who appreciate these old hunks of iron :-) We have done some reproductions of the sword and are still considering a stock version. One of the challenging elements of this piece is the thinness of the blade. Makes the heat treat and straightness issues interesting. Do you leave it thick and grind a lot after or get it just thick enough to hold the heat for the quench and then grind a little. Both create their own sets of issues.

I am glad you guys liked the vid. It got longer than I wanted as most folks don't watch to the end but the sword has so much to share :-) Maybe I will do a part II

Craig
I have wanted to see is you all do a replica of Moonbrand for YEARS! Please do it!
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but yes... DO A MOONBRAND! It would be an instant best seller!

Bob
Robert Morgan wrote:
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but yes... DO A MOONBRAND! It would be an instant best seller!

Bob

Hi Joel and Robert

It is definitely in our plans. We are dealing with multiple supply and schedule issues at the moment so its very difficult to provide a time line but we have been looking at this more a while.

Craig

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: