Introducing... The Constable...
A very sweet-handling hilt variation on our XVa blade...

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Specifications
Total length: 42.125" (107 cm)
Blade length: 33.9" (86 cm)
Blade width: 2.375" (6 cm)
CoB: 3.75" (9.5 cm)
CoP: 19.5" (49.5 cm)
Weight: 3 lbs (1.36 kilos)

This prototype is finished and available for immediate shipping...

Best,

Howy
not my cup of tea but still another gorgeous sword from you albion guys.
Is this sword a mating of the pommel and blade of the Mercenary with the cross of the Castellan, or are there other differences as well?
Steve Fabert wrote:
Is this sword a mating of the pommel and blade of the Mercenary with the cross of the Castellan, or are there other differences as well?

Nope, that's about it in a nutshell. John Margeson of our cutlery crew came up with the idea and Peter reviewed and approved the dynamic balance. It turns out not only to be an attractive variation, but a very nice handling sword to boot.

Best,

Howy
While taking photos for our new hands-on review, I was surprised how much the Castellan sword appealed to me. The longer it was here, the more i liked it. I was shocked at its handling characteristics, and the aesthetic appeal really grew on me just as hard. Quite a nice combination, and the pommel change of the Constable is even more attractive to me.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
While taking photos for our new hands-on review, I was surprised how much the Castellan sword appealed to me. The longer it was here, the more i liked it. I was shocked at its handling characteristics, and the aesthetic appeal really grew on me just as hard. Quite a nice combination, and the pommel change of the Constable is even more attractive to me.

I agree. I didn't think the Castellan would appeal to me at all until I had it in hand. Once I spent some time with it I found myself liking it very much. Not at all what I perceived a sword of that type to be, in a very positive way.
Outstanding Howard! Magnificant! One question though: Is that the type of pommel known as a "scent stopper?"

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: