9%  [ 7 ]
Fiore
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Squire Line Bastard
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 73

Had to go with the Agincourt myself, though the Mercenary pulls a close second.
Agincourt
The Ringeck, like the cross and it would do a great pair with the Mercenary.
Quote:
Are you saying I'm gay? :cry:

No, I just admired your creativity in comparing the Fiore (we are talking the sword and not the person, right?) with Jessica Simpson and it gave me a good laugh. While both have aspects of simplicity, either would turn heads during the right time and occasion. I apologize if you were offended. :) -Ted
Edward Hitchens wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying I'm gay? :cry:

No, I just admired your creativity in comparing the Fiore (we are talking the sword and not the person, right?) with Jessica Simpson and it gave me a good laugh. While both have aspects of simplicity, either would turn heads during the right time and occasion. I apologize if you were offended. :) -Ted

Offended over a Jessica Simpson comparison? Nah. What offends me is how many votes the ones with the ugly straight crossguards with the spheres at the end are getting. Blech. :p
Alina Boyden wrote:
Offended over a Jessica Simpson comparison? Nah. What offends me is how many votes the ones with the ugly straight crossguards with the spheres at the end are getting. Blech. :p

Ugly? Well, somebody has to love them. :D
Alina Boyden wrote:

Quite. Hence my vote for the Mercenary - of the Albion XVas, it has my favorite cross. It fits the blade far better than the straight knob-ended ones, IMO. Now, I love the design dearly as is, BUT, if, and this is just idle daydreaming on my part, mind, IF I could have it with the pommel from the Castellan... well... :D
I, too, voted for the Talhoffer, but the Castellan finishes a close second. I like its elegant cross, unique fishtail pommel, and distinct Spanish flavor.
Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
Alina Boyden wrote:

Quite. Hence my vote for the Mercenary - of the Albion XVas, it has my favorite cross. It fits the blade far better than the straight knob-ended ones, IMO. Now, I love the design dearly as is, BUT, if, and this is just idle daydreaming on my part, mind, IF I could have it with the pommel from the Castellan... well... :D

Me, too. I much prefer the cross of the Mercenary to that on the Castellan. While some people see it as elegant, to me it is just blah. But, I do really like the grip and pommel of the Castellan. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
Alina Boyden wrote:

Me, too. I much prefer the cross of the Mercenary to that on the Castellan. While some people see it as elegant, to me it is just blah. But, I do really like the grip and pommel of the Castellan. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

Well except that kaskara I posted - that is proof of objective beauty.
Agincourt, but the Fiore is a close second.
The Agincourt whistles at me. I'm with Alina on the cross
guard blobs.

Best,
Doug

"Johnny, Johnny, what are you rebelling against?"
"Whatta ya' got?" The Wild One
Douglas G. wrote:
I'm with Alina on the cross guard blobs

That must be very uncomfortable.
I like the Ringeck. But with the pommel on the Talhoffer, it'd be perfect.
If I had the money I would buy one each of every Albion Nextgen, but among the XVa's the Agincourt is my favorite. I love the lines of its hilt.
I voted for the Constable, and after seeing this http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=3907, I'm glad I did. I think it's even nicer in the flesh than in the concept drawing. Note, too, that the sherical finials on the cross have been toned down a bit on the production version. :)
I was seriously doubting between the Agincourt and the Fiore.

In the end, the Agincourt won, because the guard on the Agincourt appeals to me a bit more.

However, my vote can't be taken to seriously, since I judged from an austetic point of view, not the view of someone trained in Liechtenauer or Fiore, who understand the uses of these types of swords better then me.
Talhoffer already reserved :lol:
I'm afraid I'm a sucker for the aesthetics of the Ringeck/Mercenary. I just like the big scent-stopper pommels.

As to which of those blades I'd rather have, I have to admit that I probably don't know enough about them to choose. Much as I like the longer Ringeck, I suspect I'd be better with the half-way house that is the Mercenary.

Dammit, I'd like them ALL!! :wtf:
The Mercenary :cool:

Although I'm biased since I own one :D .
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: