Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New Tinker falchion Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: New Tinker falchion         Reply with quote

Here's a thread over at SFI with some info on a new falchion made by Michael "Tinker" Pearce.

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s...adid=50678

It looks like a decent sword inspired by the Conyers falchion.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Overall, I'm very pleased to see a quality replica falchion like this created. There's simply too few of them available. The specs look like he's done well to make this a workable sample, and one not dissimilar in basic specs to the one Bjorn documented. I like the simplified design of the hilt, though would wish for more subtlety of shaping and crispness of execution. The premature ending and overall shaping and blending of the fuller leaves me scratching my head and just breaks the whole thing in my eyes.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
B. Stark
Industry Professional

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Agreed Nathan. It puzzles me as to why this type of "stopped" fuller continues to pop up in custom and production swords.
"Wyrd bi∂ ful aręd"
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

B. Stark wrote:
Agreed Nathan. It puzzles me as to why this type of "stopped" fuller continues to pop up in custom and production swords.

Sometimes it's authentic, sometimes it's not. It depends on the sword, and more often, the era of that sword. But when it's not authentic for the sword, it just blatently stands out to me.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
B. Stark wrote:

Sometimes it's authentic, sometimes it's not. It depends on the sword, and more often, the era of that sword. But when it's not authentic for the sword, it just blatently stands out to me.

Not being a hardcore stickler for authenticity myself, just looking at this sword on its own merits, I think it looks fantastic. Certainly different from the few other falchion replicas out there. It has a really clean and purposeful look. Looks like an absolutely brutal cutter as well. Happy
Michael Pearce
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
B. Stark wrote:

It actually is authentic for this sword- or not. They were done both ways. I chose this way because frankly I liked it. I can do 'stopped fullers' or 'run-out' fullers- it's an asthetic judgement- which you are perfectly entitled to disagree with, of course. Frankly if 'period' is an issue the hex-nut retaining the pommel is a much bigger deal... Laughing Out Loud

Michael 'Tinker' Pearce
-------------
Then one night, as my car was going backwards through a cornfield at 90mph, I had an epiphany...
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sat 23 Apr, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Way cool. This falchion has a certain....'Darth Vaderishness' to it, if you will. " Impressive......most impressive.........Your skills are now complete." lol.......mcm.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New Tinker falchion
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic