Albion Swords - The Warwick (Photo Update)
Warwick (aka "Super Crecy 1")
Here is a sneak preview of our first new sword in a long time. Better pics and webpage to follow in the next few weeks. Available for reservation now!

Warwick Specifications:
Overall length: 49 11/16"
Blade length: 36 3/4"
CoB: 2 3/4"
CoP: 24 3/8"
Width at Guard: 2 1/16"
Weight: 1660g (3 lb., 10.6 oz.)

Introductory Price: $990.00 USD
(plus s/h)

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Last edited by Howard Waddell on Tue 18 Aug, 2020 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total
That's a terrible photo of a nice sword!

:D

It's quite massive,126 cm, 1660g - "original Crecy" is 114 cm, 1390g.
That is quite nice, though I second the hope for a clearer photo at some point. I wish it had the Ringeck/Fiore guard, without the peak at the fuller, but that's purely a minor aesthetic preference that detracts nothing from what I'm sure will be a magnificent weapon.

I notice it has a significant weight gain over the Crecy, but a POB much closer to the guard. Is the new weight all in the extra grip length, or is the blade a bit thicker (as well as being slightly longer and wider)?

I've been on the fence for a while about the Fiore, the Alexandria, and even another Crecy (which I often regret parting with). But this is one I may need.
Guess I'll check the better pic on the website.
Can't you all just express your happiness of something new in the lineup? I'm thrilled to see it! Thanks, Albion!
I like it. :D Looks like it will be pretty lively in hand.

That double riser in the middle of the guard is very nice. Almost asking for a grip ring or something...

Thanks Albion. If I didn't already have a sword on order, I would be giving this a good hard look.
Looks nice! I'm always glad to see new things hit the market. Congrats! :)
I for one am overjoyed. I hope I didn't come off otherwise. I will most likely be picking one up, and I thought I'd sworn off any new swords for at least another few years. :)

EDIT: Can't help but notice that it says Super Crecy 1. This implies an eventual Super Crecy 2.

Last edited by Sam Barris on Tue 18 Aug, 2020 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
New. Yay! Photo. Not yay! But yes, it is neat to see new from Albion.

Last edited by Joe Fults on Sat 15 Aug, 2020 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Excellent stuff Howard!
As you said, it has been a while since the last new sword.
....really hoping for a straight guard/ waisted grip variant.
Re: Albion Swords - The Warwick (Photo Update)
Howard Waddell wrote:
Warwick (aka "Super Crecy 1")
Here is a sneak preview of our first new sword in a long time. Better pics and webpage to follow in the next few weeks. Available for reservation now!

Warwick Specifications:
Overall length: 49 11/16"
Blade length: 36 3/4"
CoB: 2 3/4"
CoP: 24 3/8"
Width at Guard: 2 1/16"
Weight: 1660g (3 lb., 10.6 oz.)

Introductory Price: $990.00 USD
(plus s/h)

Oh wow!

Yep, it's certainly been a while since the Albion Mark lineup got a new addition (the last one was the Archduke, if I recall correctly?), and I think this is something that puts a little bit of adrenaline back into the lineup! I like that you guys seem to have put a little more emphasis on the larger longswords in recent years.

The combination of the sword's proportions and fairly-linear taper in the blade profile just screams "Liechtenauer" to me!

I happen to like the "peak" at the center of the cross-- I think it adds a little more "visual breadth", giving it bolder, more heroic lines!
With those pictures its looking like a much more sexy beast!
love the look its one of my favorite blade shapes, this one looks like a beast but that long grip and big pommel should make it handle nicely. I'm hoping one of the variations has a slightly shorter grip and a scent stopper pommel, might make it a little lighter but with a farther CoB
R. Kolick wrote:
love the look its one of my favorite blade shapes, this one looks like a beast but that long grip and big pommel should make it handle nicely. I'm hoping one of the variations has a slightly shorter grip and a scent stopper pommel, might make it a little lighter but with a farther CoB

Is there any historical precedent for such a sword?
The proportions of the Warwick seem way off, as if it were following the modern HEMA preference for a high hilt-to-blade ratio. Historically it seems to be an outlier I couldn't find a corresponding original for on the fly. I don't think it's "wrong", just "atypical".

@Nathan

The Brescia Spadona is often considered a Type XVIa and features a slightly shorter handle with a scent stopper pommel.
I'm not sure about the scent stopper pommel but most swords of this type I've seen tend to a shorter grip length so while I'm sure the dimensions are historical on the Warwick they don't seem to be the norm on the surviving artifacts

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: