Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Emiliano Carrillo & Matthew Berry Steinvik sword & scabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nicholas T

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Emiliano Carrillo & Matthew Berry Steinvik sword & s         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

For sale atm is my Steinvik sword with blade by Emiliano Carrillo (Sun and Stars Forge) and fittings by Matthew Berry (Hopkins Forge).

words directly from Emiliano's post about the steinvik which I will also link to with many more pics (This sword is a replica of an eighth century sword found on the Steinvik farm in Norway. It is a collaboration with Matthew Berry of Hopkins Forge.

I made the blade based on a full sized image of the original. Looking closely I could see that the blade was made of four pattern welded bars with interrupted twists. The edge is made of 1000 layers of pattern welded steel wrapped around the core of four twisted bars. It is a huge sword, with a blade measuring 34 inches and about 2.25 inches wide at the base.

Matt carved the fittings in wax as exacting replicas of the original, and then cast them in bronze. Afterwards he then began the laborious process of inlaying twisted silver and copper wire into the hilt. Once finished he carved a beautiful grip for the sword in maple and we assembled the sword together.

This sword has a pretty overwhelming presence. Despite the huge blade and ornately carved solid bronze hilt, it only weighs a hair under 3 pounds. It's an excellent example of a sword truly fit for a king.)

www.emilianocarrillo.com/steinvik-sword

I am looking for $5000 shipped conus for this piece which is much less then it would cost to commission directly the custom felt lined scabbard I commissioned for it from VA which alone was $720 and has a custom embossing to match the grip design and custom bridge.
Payment via paypal f/f or add 4% for fees, pm me if you have any questions, thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/7FvhuLM albums with many pics of the sword
https://imgur.com/a/vV4ILwt
Nicholas T

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jun, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

$4500 shipped conus
Nicholas T

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jun, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

$4000 usd shipped conus, this is the last price drop and will be up until the piece im selling this for is gone

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Emiliano Carrillo & Matthew Berry Steinvik sword & scabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic