New Hanwei?
I must say, I am really impressed with the aesthetic appearance of the two new Hanwei sideswords. I was wondering if anyone has handled them or had the chance to see them; or if anyone knew anything about them. I'm looking into settling down and deciding on what I want, and not spending over $250 or so. I would like a sword in this style, etc. Thank you!][/img]

Attachment: 36.76 KB
1.jpg

Attachment: 28.67 KB
2.jpg

Hmmmm.....strikingly similar to Sean Flynt's MRL German Rapier, which is apparently based upon #A536 from the Wallace Collection. :)
[ Linked Image ]
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...man+rapier
I don't believe they're out just yet. CAS Iberia's site says they're out of stock, which I think is they're sloppy way of saying "coming soon". I am interested in seeing how these turn out.
G. Scott H. wrote:
Hmmmm.....strikingly similar to Sean Flynt's MRL German Rapier, which is apparently based upon #A536 from the Wallace Collection. :)

I'LL SUE!

:p
Sean Flynt wrote:
G. Scott H. wrote:

I'LL SUE!

:p

You may have a case....they didn't steal the design from you, but they certainly seem to have stolen your idea for a polished (non-black) finish! :lol: :p :lol: :)
Alas, if they've ripped off anybody, it's Windlass, and that's debatable, since this seems to have been a relatively common German type, bright or black. But maybe if their lawyer sees this thread and notes my state of residence, Hanwei will send me some samples just to make sure I'm not going to drag them into "Tort Hell".
;)
That SH2203 intrigues me. I hope there's one on hand in Atlanta.
Both of those are cool. I can't wait to see how they turn out! -Ted

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: