XVIIIc
XVIIIc

I finished this sword last year but neglected to post it here. Making up for that now ;)

Stats:
Overall length: 114cm
Blade length: 87,5cm
Blade width: 7,6cm
Weight: 1770g
PoB: 10cm
CoP: ca 60cm
Forward Pivot point: at tip

This sword is inspired by the large and imposing XVIIIc swords in the “Alexandrian arsenal”. These massive late 14th to mid 15th century longswords are extraordinarily good cutters yet retain a good point for defeating softer targets or attacking gaps between armored parts. They are usually regarded as warswords, not really intended for civilian duelling.

I hope you like it! This piece was reviewed by Matthew Jensen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a50BIQfKVQU&t=401s
He also made a comparison video between this, the Albion Alexandria and two more entry level XVIIIc. You can find that video on his YouTube channel as well.

The scabbard was made by Adam Dörflinger from www.3wunder.at.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Very cool. Are these as fun to make as they are to swing? Aesthetically I personally love older 11th-14th century single handers (Albion Soborg, Oakeshott, types XII and X/Xa mostly), but I've never had as much fun with a sword in hand as when I've held a wide and beautifully balanced XVIIIC. Definitely my favorite type to have in hand.
Actually, such wide and thin blades are a bit of an headache to make, they really like to warp in heat treatment and getting those wide bevels flat is quite a pain... but the end result is worth the effort I think.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: