Arms & Armor Dresden Rapier - SHARP!
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hello all,

I'm offering, for sale or trade, an Arms & Armor Dresden Rapier.

Calling this beast a "rapier" is a stretch. It's far closer to a cavalry broadsword. This is not a sword for thefty point-work; this is a tool for a large man on a large horse to cut down on hapless infantry. If you're a little guy you probably don't want it.

Here are the particulars on this sword:

The blade is made of 6150 steel
    it weighs 3 pounds, 10 ounces. I told you it's a beast.
    it's 45 5/8" long, with 39" of blade. Crikey.
    it's P.O.B. is out there at 4 7/8", Definitely a cutter.

The fellow from whom I got it had sharpened it a bit, but I wasn't happy with the edges, so I took it to a professional sharpener. His usual business is sharpening the knives of the professional chefs in this foodie town of mine and he took his time with it.

It came back with edges that are sharper than teenage heartbreak, and a point like a kitten's fang. Sharper than this you do not want in a sword. If I wind up keeping it I'll feel better having it around the house after I get a scabbard made for it. The thing is a hazard.

Here it is:
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

These impressive and intimidating swords are not being made anymore, but when they were this was one of the higher-end rapiers and. If you'll go to their website you'll see that A&A gets roughly between $1,100 and $1,600 for their non-training, fighting rapiers.

So I figure it's not unfair to ask $1,000 for it.

But I'd rather not.

Instead, I'd prefer to accept another sword in trade. I could use a lightweight Elizabethan-period sword, or a good quality Viking-era.

So if you're interested in it, please PM me and we can discuss what you'd like to offer for it; either a reasonable amount of money or a sword that I'd rather have.

Thanks.
Price Reduced
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I guess, since I didn't really post a price, just what I'd like to have for it. But I'll reduce that price to...
make me an offer. These are interesting times.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: