This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Del Tin 5143 Great Sword

I took this one down because the fittings were loose and I could feel the pommel rocking when swung. I was going to shim them and rewrap the grip. I disassembled it by removing the pleather wrap from the wood core, allowing about 1/32" per side of space after pulling it out from between the pommel and core and guard and core. This allowed the end of the tang to be exposed enough to gently remove the flare from the original peen so it could be disassembled. There was no chamfer and much to my delight, I discovered the tang is welded. It's really beefy, though. There will be enough metal to re-peen as-is if you wrap it w/o tucking the wrap between fittings and core. I have left it unassembled so it's easy to do the wrap. I don't think you will need a torch for this one to reassemble, but it wouldn't hurt. Marks at end of pommel near where the peen was done were there from the maker, as far as I know. Unsharpened. No scabbard

$200 shipped Paypal only, CONUS, F&F or add 3%

Please ignore the Deepeeka Teutonic arming sword on left in the photo that shows two; that is another project that is no longer for sale.

Attachment: 468.12 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 515.99 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 413.2 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 444.21 KB
[ Download ]