This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

For sale here is a very nice example of the famous japanese type 32 Otsu NCO sword, and an early one at that given the presence of a since removed by the IJA leather martingale, or finger loop. This feature was removed later on in the sabres life, and removed entirely from the model just before WW1 as I understand it from my research. This example has the latch intact and working, and some corrosion to the scabbard. The grip is in sound order and tight to the tang, and the blade is clean with the sometimes seen wartime edge. Unfortunately, the leather finger ring has been lost.

The blade is clean and runs straight measuring 30.5" long, and has a serial number of 118036. The guard has the correct inspection marks for japanese war time usage and issue, and the grips checkering still remains strong, despite some unfortunate cracks to the grip sides where the rivets are. This sword would make an excellent addition to any edged weapon or WW1/2 collection, and displays nicely the martial ideal of the Imperial Japanese regime. There is some sad surface rust present on the hilt.

For this sword I am asking 225 USD plus shipping and fees if they are incurred.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]