Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Historically Accurate Pourpoint Makers? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ryan Hobbs

PostPosted: Sat 30 Nov, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Historically Accurate Pourpoint Makers?         Reply with quote

Howdy! I'm working on putting together an early 15th Century English Harness, and am at the point where I'm getting my soft kit together. For my pourpoint, I had originally planned to make it with the help of my goddess of a seamstress grandmother (I bought The Pourpoint of Charles de Bloi by Tasha Kelly for just this purpose). However, the Army has now seen it fit to send me to Korea for two years, and I am without my seamstress and the time to learn how to sew at the level required.

My options now are to purchase a high quality pourpoint. I'm that tracking Historic Enterprises and Revival Clothing make pourpoints for wearing armor. Can anyone share with me their experience with either of these makers, or any other makers that y'all are aware of?

Thanks!

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11
Victor R.

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Sun 01 Dec, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Historic Enterprises makes a version based upon historic manuscripts and descriptions.

https://historicenterprises.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=99_108&products_id=1764

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Historically Accurate Pourpoint Makers?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic