Atlanta Cutlery Civil War Sabers: Opinions?
I've been considering getting a saber for some time now. So, when the ACC catalog arrived this month, the civil war models (1860 Cav. Officer's in particular) caught my eye. From the pictures, they look good, but I'd like to be more aware of what to expect before buying. I am especially interested in impressions by those who have handled them.

Thanks,
This should give you some idea of what to expect:

http://www.myArmoury.com/review_ws_cfo.html
I happen to own one of their 1860 light cavalry sabres and I'm quite pleased with it. It's heavy, and it feels sturdy. I did a little work on the hilt and grip, mainly putting some spacers between the blade and guard, which isn't too much trouble. Everything has held up nicely to cutting and handling tests, it's stiff, but can flex enough. I've owned it for some time now, and I have had no problems with it at all. It hasn't come loose and it's not whippy in the least, like some of their other blades. Overall, I would say you should get it, it's not too expensive and I think you'll be pleased with it after a little work.
Strange, but I was looking at ordering the Conderate Office light saber myself and noticed this post the other day. The article was quite helpful.

If you purchase one, let me know how you like it please.
Thank you Gentlemen,

The 1860 Union Cavalry Officer's saber is now working it's way across the US to my door. I will post my impressions once I have it.

Cheers,

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: