Albion website
For quite a while I've felt that the Albion website wasn't as nice as their products deserved.
It could and should be just that though.
Last night I had a look and much to my surprise the old website was gone and in it's been replaced by a really nice one.
I love the looks of it.
I can still see their old format though it's probably temporary.

Anyway, the new, very high resolution pictures are great., in particular that of Tyrolean (I think) on the main.Hopefully there will be more of those.

I don't really think I like the new way of presentation though, I think this 'suspended in gray ether' doesn't really fit swords much.

Looks somehow too sterile, I guess.
Well it looks better...but it is much more difficult for me to navigate and compare things; there is a lot of empty space.
Ya, I saw the new website about a week ago, didn't really like it at first. It's harder to navigate and compare the swords to each other. However, the new photos are great!
My experience seems to have been similar to others that have commented. I really enjoy the new hi-res photos, but don't like the navigation. It may still be there somewhere and I simply didn't find it, but I miss the Next Gen page with all of the swords to scale by type, etc. The front page of the old site was a little busy, but, to echo the sentiment of another, the new page is too sterile.
Albion's New Site
I enjoyed their new format. So much more detail. I'll borrow a British phrase. The new site is a lot more POSH than the old one was.
Henry
Yuck. The new format sucks.
Actually, I think it's a heck of a lot easier to navigate on a mobile device than the old site was! Additionally, they finally updated some of the photos that really needed it!
I wonder if those unreleased swords represented by drawings are gone for good? Most of them had stayed unreleased for a very long time.
Love the high quality photos, but on the other hand I hate the trend to hide as many UI elements as possible...
I am not liking the new format either. I acknowledge the positives highlighted previously, but I dislike not being able to compare the swords across the entire line as was possible previously. I also don't like the fact that they have effectively "memory holed" all of the out of production swords, such as the Valkyrie. Overall not cool.
Roger Hooper wrote:
I wonder if those unreleased swords represented by drawings are gone for good? Most of them had stayed unreleased for a very long time.

Try here: http://web.archive.org/web/20180412171039/htt...extgen.htm
Jeremiah Swanger wrote:
Actually, I think it's a heck of a lot easier to navigate on a mobile device than the old site was! Additionally, they finally updated some of the photos that really needed it!

And here I think you have the impetus of the new design: phone friendly. I almost never accessed from my phone, just a PC. Great: one more site for idiots to be distracted by while driving! All sites need to be phone unfriendly for the common good and to keep the traffic flowing. :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: