Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > And Now... The Forgotten sword of King Charles the Second! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brian Moffatt

PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: And Now... The Forgotten sword of King Charles the Second!         Reply with quote

If you have read my previous posting on "The Lost Battle Sword of King Charles the First"... Have another browse of it.. Because it is not alone... the sword of his son the future King Charles the Second, when Prince of Wales... has been hiding in plain sight for a very long time.
Yes Folks... Daddy had one... and so did his Laddie.
Both very obviously from the same hand. And... the Prince of Wales sword has a Hounslow blade!
(For those of you who are interested in such things.)
I'll try and find out more... but don't hold your breath, because I have no idea if the Royal Household will let me in!
Cheers,
Brian Moffatt.
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Tue 02 Apr, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sounds really interesting Brian. Can you provide a link? Also I tried to find your book Death Resurrection and the Sword on amazon.com, but it is $52 used....do you have a different supplier for your books? Thanks,
Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Tue 02 Apr, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

http://fallingangelslosthighways.blogspot.com/
Brian Moffatt

PostPosted: Fri 05 Apr, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

With regard to "Death Resurrection and the Sword." This is obtainable only direct from myself, for £9 plus £6.50 p&p to the United states....Sorry about the price of postage, but the is now't I can do about it!
Matter of interest.. one of the most significant postings on the blog, is the one on the 11th of June 2019 on the Lowland Scots left hand dagger from Sweden. Oddly it is one of the least accessed.
Perhaps this is because one has to read through a fair amount of "political" to access the meat of the Arms information.
But stick with it, because if your interest runs to the early history of America then this is pivotal to any study.
Of course it is also quite heretical in relation to the early development of the scottish dirk!
But someone had to say it.....
Those "disc hilts" in the Royal Armouries, have to be some of the least illustrated British weapons . Barely researched at all....
Pity the Armouries won't stop playing with the Hobbits.. Star Wars... Zombies and Vampires, and get around to putting full detail of their collections up on line, so that we can all understand and appreciate better our wonderful subject.
Oh Dear... They will never speak to me again!
But that comment goes for much in the UK... More interested entertaining the kids in than making real knowledge accessible to those of us still seeking it.
Cheers,
Brian Moffatt

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > And Now... The Forgotten sword of King Charles the Second!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic