Assorted daggers for the summer from Tod
These 5 daggers have just been completed as I gear up for the summer.

From left to right

English rondel dagger from around 1370 I would estimate and from a private collection in excavated condition. Rondels from this period often have a pommel rather than top disc and that is absolutely characteristic of this date. Bronze components with a box wood grip and a heavy single edged blade.

German 'S' guard quillon dagger, after a piece from the Royal Armouries and in cast bronze. This type of dagger is the absolute classic Landsknecht dagger from the early 16thC, with a stout and relatively short and handy blade. Perfect for an ale house fight when somebody makes a joke about your loud clothing.

English or Italian baselard dagger also based on a piece from the Royal Armouries. Curiously bothe the Italians and the English loved this style of baselard and it could be suited to either nation or of course anywhere in between. Double sided with a large 'capital I' grip from around 1400.

Another German dagger from the same period around 1500. Another classic all steel rondel dagger with a triangular blade and a delicate looking but solid grip. Curiously when you look at a triangular blade it looks like it has been mounted wrong from every angle (but it hasn't).

The last is an English or French rondel dagger from around 1400 with a bronze hilt and a long double sided blade. Another classic dagger.

I hope you like them and they are all available.

Any questions or comments please ask away.

Tod

Attachment: 304.12 KB
www.todsworkshop.com assorted daggers1MA.jpg

Attachment: 273.09 KB
www.todsworkshop.com assorted daggers2MA.jpg

Attachment: 278.15 KB
www.todsworkshop.com assorted daggers3MA.jpg

Attachment: 205.71 KB
www.todsworkshop.com assorted daggers4MA.JPG

Great stuff,. I especially like the first two on the left. Nice looking sheaths as well.
Wow! These are amazing. Will these be available through your site? I am interested.
That is a drool-worthy grouping for sure. I particularly like the Landsknecht one as I've never had an opportunity to get that style replicated for myself.

Cheers

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: