Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New German War Sword 'Kriegsmesser' by Pavel Moc Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Charles Gawain

PostPosted: Sun 25 Nov, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: New German War Sword 'Kriegsmesser' by Pavel Moc         Reply with quote

I commissioned Pavel Moc for a new kriegsmesser that took 2 months to be hand-forged for my specifications. A very big and imposing War-Knife.

The name of the sword is "Säbelzahn"
German translation: 'Sabre-tooth'.

Notice the dark walnut grip-slabs has 6 rivets on[img] the tang, thus lengthened my hilt giving me more room for my XL hands. The hilt and quillons are hand-forged the same metal as the blade that unified the sword into a harmonic tone.

"The sword symbolizes power, protection, authority, strength, and courage; metaphysically, it represents discrimination and the penetrating power of the intellect. The sword is phallic, with the sheath being yonic. It is a symbol of knighthood and chivalry. The flaming sword of the Christian ethos separates man from Eden. Many swords have magical properties and are given to heroes for the advancement of justice; Excalibur was given to Arthur by the lady of the lake, The Greek gods gave Perseus a sword that could cleave stone to defeat Medusa." (University of Michigan) ... But the Säbelzahn is a Tiger!”

This is a glimpse of sword and within a month or so, after my valuation, I'll send a full review, history and detailed pictures.

Warm Regards,
Charles

Attachment: 28.37 KB
Säbelzahn and scabbard [ Download ]
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 25 Nov, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have moved this topic to the Historic Arms Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of reproduction and authentic historical arms and armour from various cultures and time periods"

Thank you.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 25 Nov, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It looks nice and I look forward to hearing more of you thoughts relating to it!
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Charles Gawain

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I have moved this topic to the Historic Arms Talk forum.

Please note the description for this forum:

"Discussions of reproduction and authentic historical arms and armour from various cultures and time periods"

Thank you.

Thanks Nathan for moving the topic to this forum, and nice to meet you, sir.
I'm new on this site and never tried it before because I've been traveling for the last 2 years. But now I'm settling down a bit and would like to contribute what I have found--basically during sword tournaments and the parameters involved selecting the right sword for the right swordsman.
Charles Gawain

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
It looks nice and I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts relating to it!

Hi Joe, and thanks. I can tell you it's been a long road to decide the right sword that excels a martial artist personal style. In the beginning, the only swords I've ever owned or used was the foil when I was 14 yrs old, a saber in college, and then switched to two-handed longsword with a katana under Toshishiro Obata with Shinkendo in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. I am not a samurai "wanna be" but love Japanese swordsmanship, Zen and their style. So that's why a kriegsmesser comes into the picture. I decided to wholeheartedly practice Western Martial arts when I participated in WESTERN MARTIAL ARTS WORKSHOP (WMAW) in Chicago, and met Howie, the owner of Albion Swords, and tried a cutting exercise with their first Kriegsmesser. I loved it! And from that day forward the War Knife suits me well for it's simply a saber and katana combined with steroids! So my first Western Martial Arts sword was Albion's The Knecht and never turned back.

Attachment: 71.67 KB
10641073_10152509542861725_3838375280109773810_n.jpg

Charles Gawain

PostPosted: Tue 27 Nov, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Iron and wood in my hand         Reply with quote

Swords for training--blunts and one sharp--all Single-Edged Swords:

Attachment: 91.01 KB
10665736_10152509540996725_284629237438302408_n.jpg

Attachment: 60.43 KB
[ Download ]
Charles Gawain

PostPosted: Sun 16 Dec, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Kriegsmesser/Swiss Saber fencing sword         Reply with quote

Traveling through Ukraine, living in Lviv practicing German Swordsmanship using the kriegsmesser only--September 2018 to December 5th.

Attachment: 78.89 KB
Renaissance War-Knife 35" blade [ Download ]
Will Phillips

PostPosted: Sun 16 Dec, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It was only a two month turnaround time?? I'm impressed.

Real nice "knife!"
Charles Gawain

PostPosted: Fri 21 Dec, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: You are right, Will         Reply with quote

It was a very fast turnaround time but I was happy Happy So, when you extract a grand out of your wallet now!--you better eat steel for the month for groceries! And I don't roll with credit cards--lettuce only Laughing Out Loud

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > New German War Sword 'Kriegsmesser' by Pavel Moc
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic