This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

For sale: A sharp large viking era style or large Oakeshott type X blade and a set of Hanwei Tinker viking era type style E fittings.

I had the blade made about 2 years ago by Armour Class in Scotland when I was planning on making a hand-and-a-half viking era style sword. However, with many other projects still in the works I just don't have the time or opportunity to finish it so I'm offering it up for sale.
The fitting come from a Hanwei Tinker 9th century viking era style sword.

It's a pretty massive blade, retaining a lot of mass near the tip but therefore stiff and likely to stand up to a lot of use/abuse. Far from a nimble blade but perfect for someone who can't decide whether they need a sword or an axe :). I have seen way too many tangs of the well known sword brands snap off due to unsafely narrow tangs in the past years so I made sure the tang has plenty of steel in it. It's about 29mm wide and 6mm thick near the shoulder and with Armour Class's well proven heat treatment it should stand up to hard use, on top of that it provides a bit of a counter-balance for the blade.
It's dimensions are probably best suited for a hand-and-a-half viking era style sword but you could of course also shorten the tang to make a massive single-handed sword.

The blade is made from EN45 steel (AISI 9255) and heat treated to about 52 HRC.
Total bare blade length: 112.6cm (44.3inch)
Blade length: 82.6cm (32.5inch)
Tang length: 30.0cm (11.8inch)
Width of tang near the shoulder: 29mm
Width of tang near the end: 20mm
Thickness of the blade at the tang: 6mm
Thickness of the blade at the base: 5.5mm
Thickness of the blade at the tip: 4mm
Width of the blade at the base of the blade: 56mm
Width of the blade near the tip: 40mm
Bare blade weight: 1073 gram (Probably around 900 gram if you cut the tang down to one-handed length.)
Guard weight: 126 gram
Pommel weight: 226 gram
Estimated final sword weight: +/- 1500 gram
Estimated final sword weight if you cut the tang down to single-handed length: +/- 1300 gram

The guard has already been fitted to the tang and only needs to be peened, wedges or epoxied in place. The pommel is unaltered but the tang-end is already close in final fit and only needs a little bit of final fitting. So the only three things needed to finish this sword is to secure the guard, fit and secure the pommel and make a handle.
The scabbard isn't very pretty but sturdy and does the job, it's made from +/- 3.5mm thick vegetable tanned leather and died dark brown.
The blade was made as a sharp but it could certainly use a better edge.

I paid £265 for the blade and scabbard (pretty much exactly 300 euro). And around 100 euro for the fittings so in total +/- 400 euro.
I'm selling the sword, scabbard and fitting for 275 euro (about $312 USD). Price is firm (and fair I think).
Alternatively I will also sell them separately, 225 euro for the sword and scabbard and 75 euro for the guard and pommel.
Buyer pays shipping and will depend on location and shipping company of choice.
I accept paypal (friends&family option or add 4% for the fees) and standard bank transfer.
I'm in The Netherlands, Europe so please we aware that shipping and potential import fees might add up depending on your location due to the length of the blade.

For more pictures and info feel free to send me an email.

Attachment: 151.37 KB
IMG_3958 SMALL.jpg

Attachment: 148.19 KB
IMG_3959 SMALL.jpg

Attachment: 169.18 KB
IMG_3961 SMALL.jpg

Attachment: 166.97 KB
IMG_3965 SMALL.jpg

Attachment: 170.03 KB
IMG_3960 SMALL.jpg