Heard from ArmArt
For those of you who do not go to SFI, I received an e-mail from Pavel today. I do not feel at liberty to disclose most of its contents. However, he told me that they plan to make good on all outstanding custom orders. I will receive my sword some time in the first quarter of 2005 or receive a refund. That would make it three years after the original date quoted for completion or about 40 months since placing the order. He did not give a time frame for the completion of any other backlogged swords.
Well, the mere fact that ArmArt offers to make good is encouraging, when they could just ignore those old orders.
My ArmArt Custom Order
This was originally to have been delivered in Feb. 2002. Then it was fall. Then I heard nothing for 2 yrs, despite e-mails to them. Last last year, after yet another e-mail to them, I was promised first quarter 2005. A couple weeks ago I reminded them the first quarter was almost done. Today I received an e-mail. There had been another delay, but they were working on it now and I'd receive another update next week.

We'll see.
40 MONTHS you say?! :eek: I did a little bit of math in my head and it sounds like you were originally told 4 months (my guess is you ordered it in or about Nov 2001).

ArmArt does have nice stuff. I have a small crush on their Sword of Prayer. There's also this bronze-hilted Viking sword that they make (or used to make? I can't find it anymore on their website. I think it was called the S2). -Ted
YIKES: And I was annoyed by a 3 week delay in receiving a package due to slow Customs clearance !

Now that's rotten customer service :evil: :mad: :cry:

I have waited up to a year for a customs sword, but that was what had been promised UP FRONT and it was delivered at the time promised. ( This was a long time ago, 1980. )

It's much better to say it will be 2 years and deliver ! Than promise it for next month and the next month after that and the next etc ... and deliver after a year :wtf:

That is torturing the poor client !

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: