Royal Dirk
Hello everyone,

I just completed my first personal Albion project and i thought i would share and get your input. Kevin Iseli is making a scabbard for it at the moment, which i cant wait to see the final product. Im sure it will be smokin hot as Kevs work never ceases to amaze me.
Here is the link http://www.albion-swords.com/inhouse/gage.htm

Regards,

John
Moved to the makers forum, because even though this is a personal project of yours, you're an industry pro working for Albion and you'll be selling this piece.

Industry pros are welcome to all the exposure they want on this forum.

Cheers, man!
I saw this today John. In fact, I had a nice discussion on the phone with Mike concerning it! I was just going to post it up but you beat me to it.

I'm pretty impressed by your work man! I immediately stopped everything and gazed wantingly at the photos for a few minutes. :D

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Wed 30 Mar, 2005 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Very nice, Gage. I am most definitely not a fan of the ballock dagger, but I really like the proportions of this piece.

One little critique/question, though. Was there any reason you decided to terminate the fuller just before it enters the hilt rather than just letting it continue out of sight? This detail just threw the piece a little off for me in the "historical sense" of my mind's eye. . . I may be wrong.

And I love the ruby. It doesn't work for me aesthetically, but it is a very bold statement that I don't see done very often; etching, engraving, gold/silver plating and inlay, sure, but you just don't see too many gemstones brought to the table.
John-

One word comes to mind...

Covet.

Looks REALLY sweet, man!
looks really awsome. nice work.
Hi Patrick,

Mike had said you had called about 20 minutes after Howy put it up. I am very happy that you like it. :)

Hi Aaron,

Thanx, i m glad you like it. :)

Kevin and i are planning many more collaborations for the future. Its awesome to be able to work with such a talent as Kevin and the Albion crew.

Thanx for the replies fellas,

Regards,

John

Last edited by John Gage on Sat 11 Jun, 2005 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Some pictures of Kevin's scabbard for this is up guys. I just wanted to update you...

Attachment: 16.59 KB
Royal Dirk Scabbard1.JPG

Attachment: 15.58 KB
Royal Dirk Scabbard2.JPG

Attachment: 14.93 KB
Royal Dirk Scabbard3.JPG

Attachment: 11.8 KB
Royal Dirk Scabbard4.JPG

The suite is awesome. If only... Damn, I'm tempted to put a hold on this!

John's Dirk itself is incredible. Kevin's certainly rounded out the package with an equally impressive scabbard.

Not today, Mike... :wtf: but if it hangs around TOO long...
Sigh, that is one beautiful set. The only improvement that could be made is for it to be hanging on my wall. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen what with all the other sharp and pointies I've acquired over the last while. Still there's always the lotto. I'm not greedy mind you. Just a small win would be nice. ;)
Sale price
Hi guys,

I just would like to let everyone know i am lowering the price on the royal dirk to $1,300. I will finally be moving my wife and stepson to New Glarus at the end of the month and will be needing the cash. The website doesnt reflect this yet but it will most likely monday. Thanx.

Take care,
John
Fine looking work there john,kevins scabbard looks great too,
but if i'm honest,i really like the hell bowie and the sceptered mace :cool:
i think the albion team need to lock you away with jody for a couple of collaberative pieces, :cool:
Good luck on the move and safe journey,i'l be checking in on your page more often i think, :D
Hi Lee,

I would love to collaborate with Jody, could be a possibility someday. I am currently working on a matching scabbard for the Hell Bowie (like the grip) and an all pattern weld and ebony gamblers dagger Kev rightly named the fifth ace. As far as the move goes my wife is in New York (where im from) so ill fly out in a couple weeks, see my family for a visit, pack all of her stuff in a Uhaul truck and bring her back here for some culture shock :). (culture shock in a good way though :D ).

Thanx man,
John
Good luck on the move John. Being familiar with long seperations I know it's great when everyone's back together.
on the scabbard: wow.

on the move: great to hear you're getting your family back! See, getting time for personal projects IS a sure sign of becoming "settled in" :)
Thanx Patrick,

I am not looking forward to the drive but i am looking forward to finally being with my wife its been about 11 months now that we have been apart with maybe a half dozen short visits in between. So all will be good soon. Here is a pic of just the dirk.

Regards,
John
Dirk
Very sweet!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: