Bare rapier blade by Balefire Blades (Chris Adams), NL, EU
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

For sale: Bare rapier blade made by Chris Adams / Balefire Blades.
I ordered this blade from Chris Adams at Balefire blades in April of this year and received it today.
Unfortunately a lot has changed in the past half year, I no longer practise rapier and I no longer have the time and opportunity to make a proper handle for it so I'm offering it up for sale. It's still in it's original packaging and grease (the brown on the pictures is packing grease, not rust).

I ordered it with the intend of making an Italian style rapier so I looked at a lot of measurements from rapiers in the Wallace Collection for weight, length, blade thickness, etc. and in regards to blade length I primarily looked at the recommendation of Capoferro (amongst others). I am 174cm long so this came out at a total length of roughly 130cm with a blade length of 112cm (including ricasso) thus “fitting comfortably under the armpit” as advised by multiple fencing masters of the day.
I wanted a blade that was as close to the originals as possible in terms of mass distribution, handling and balance so I requested the blade to be made from 8mm stock. This blade is miles above the floppy “handles like a wet fish” Hanwei blades, with a slight hollow grind giving the first half of the blade plenty of mass and stiffness yet allowing the last third of the blade to still flex for safety.

Details of the blade:
Tang: threaded (nut included)
Total blade length including tang: 130cm
Blade length including ricasso: 112cm
Blade length excluding ricasso: 106cm
Tang length: 18cm
Weight: 515 grams (Including a guard and handle the sword will probably end up weighing around 1000-1300 grams)
Tip: thickened back to the original 8mm at the end.

Chris Adams blades is the guy who used to make blades for Danelli Armouries so that should give a good idea about the quality.

I paid 235 euro so that's exactly what I'd like to get back for it, this includes shipping within Europe anywhere GLS is able to deliver! With the new owner having the benefit of not having a waiting list of half a year. It will be shipped in the sturdy plastic pipe it came in.
I'm located in the Netherlands, Europe so international shipments could be problematic due to length restrictions set by shipping companies.
Payment either by bank transfer or by Paypal (friends&family or add 4% for the fees)
It should be pretty self-explanatory what a rapier blade looks like but for photo's and info send me an email at louis.p@hotmail.com
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Three weeks and no interest in a high quality rapier blade by a well proven maker?

I'll make one single price drop, no plans on going any lower, it's cheap enough as it is and no half-year waiting time:
175 euro (about $198 USD) for the blade but buyer pays shipping.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: