Landsknecht half ring quillon dagger
Hi All,

I have just finished this stock piece and thought I would post it up.

The dagger is based on one in a private collection, but there are a few around of similar construction. The Landsknechts seemed to love daggers that had very fat and bulbous grips, but also those with very thin and delicate grips and this is one of those.

The blade is a strong hollow grind at 295mm long (11.5") and tapers down to a delicate tang passing through a turned boxwood grip the guard is bronze and has a ring on one side detailed with file work twists and the other side has what look like a ring that has been cut off, but in fact they were made this way. The grip is capped with a thin bronze dome that is crimped around the grip and the whole construction is peened.

The sheath is made from two layers of veg tan leather formed around the blade for a perfect fit and finished with a cast bronze chape.

Blade length 295mm 11.5"
Grip length 100mm 4"
Overall length 42cm 16.5"

I hope you like it and if you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Tod

Attachment: 113.42 KB
DSCN4568.JPG

Attachment: 114.7 KB
DSCN4567.JPG

Attachment: 161.36 KB
DSCN4569.JPG

Attachment: 164.42 KB
DSCN4570.JPG

Attachment: 176.43 KB
DSCN4571.JPG

Attachment: 166.36 KB
DSCN4572.JPG

Pretty awesome work once again!
I still have the original dagger that you made for me, Tod. I love it! Functionally it makes no difference that mine has a guard that was the master for the original molds but I do tend to like mine a little bit more because of it. :)
Beautiful. It looks like a good dagger for finding the chinks in an opponent's plate armor.
This looks amazing Tod! The hollow grind looks great and the detail work on the guard and pommel are spectacular.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: