Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Landsknecht Emporium nonstandard pieces Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Adam Bodorics
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Landsknecht Emporium nonstandard pieces         Reply with quote

Greetings,

A short introduction first.
I'm Adam Bodorics from Landsknecht Emporium. I've been a forum member for some time now and a lurker for an even longer time. I've been interested in making stuff out of metal since I was about 11 and after an overly long and steep learning curve, some 20 years later I suddenly find myself running an actual business.
We focus on Messers almost exclusively these days, though we do want to introduce at least one Katzbalger later this year. We did try making a few of those before, but without access to detailed stats, we weren't sure about their handling at all. So we'll wait with them until we manage to handle&document a few originals.
My main personal interest is in creating working blades that are as period-accurate in handling and looks as possible, and putting as much of that general idea into blunt sparring weapons as possible while keeping all these affordable. My colleague Airton Péter Szabó approaches pieces with a more artistic and perfectionist mindset, and the combination of these two ideas yield some interesting pieces.

I'll use this thread to show off unique or limited run pieces that are below Airton's personal high standards, but above our standard models. When a piece is available, I'll add it's price as well.

First is an interesting little package combining elements from Middle and Eastern Europe. It was the first project where Airton could play with mosaic inlaying in the Nagel. It was also his first attempt at larger-scale leatherwork. There's info about it on each attached picture, though I'll add one bit that's missing there - the pommel is laminated, but unlike our previous attempts at the style, it's not soldered, as apparently most, or possibly all originals like this were just stacked.
It's available for 900 EUR + shipping.

Attachment: 169.01 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 319.23 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 338.3 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 198.06 KB
[ Download ]
J. Nicolaysen

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great to hear from you and Airton. These are very nice pieces, and it seems like a good idea to develop a few lines based on finish to see how they do on the market. I'd certainly be happy with this.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Landsknecht Emporium nonstandard pieces
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic