Colonial outing
A couple of week-ends ago, fellow formite Chris Goerner & myself took a road trip down to Greensboro,NC fro the Guilford Courthouse Battle re-enactment. The weather started out with snow in Roanoke but turned out to be a beautiful day. Here's a few pics.

Third....Chris with friend.re-enactor Jeff East. Kinda hard to see, but Chris has a very nice Donnie Shearer/Mad Piper basket-hilt hanging from his hip.

Second....just me..looking like a Icabod Crane reject.

First....Colonial regulars and the main battle field

Attachment: 66.3 KB
colonial regulars.jpg

Attachment: 35.19 KB
colonial Bill.jpg

Attachment: 37.89 KB
Chris & Jeff.jpg

Bill -- thanks for posting the pics. What a great time we had! Beautiful weather despite the snow we left behind in Roanoke!

Guilford Courthouse is one of the better Rev War events in the southeast. I would recommend it to any and all who have interest in this period.
How big an event was this? I have a friend who doesn't live too far away. Might be interesting to visit next year.
Hi Guys,

Bill-- thanks for the pics. What other events do you guys do? I'm in
the 76th Rgt of Foot and we're doing our first event, Petersburg,
this April. Other events we're looking at are Green Spring, Under
The Redcoat, Charleston (eventually), and Yorktown. We're trying
to get our uniforms squared away, but coats are proving to be a
slow-go because we're waiting for the next batch of Kochan-
Phillips cloth to arrive from England and make it to those selling
it.

Alex

http://hometown.aol.com/macdonald76th/76thMac...nders.html
William, is that the same cast spontoon that came up a few months ago in discussion?
Hey Bill, Way Cool! I hope that the boys from The Deuces showed up (2nd NC and 2nd SC Line). Old friends of mine in those units. I went to Camden to hang out with them, and made it to "Under the Redcoat" at Williamsburg with them, too (it was rained out, but heck, didn't bother me, we had fun anyway, and I managed to swing a room on Duke of Glouster Street because of it!) We had a lot of fun together a few years ago.

Anyway, if I lived on the East Coast I'd sure be doing Rev War BIG TIME! Funny, just today I put a sling-bar on my old North West Fusil to turn it into a nice little Carbine for Rev War stuff, LOL! Post more pics if you get them!

Here's a funny pic from my Rev War days... kind of a rough picture, but hey, it was getting dark. BTW, the flame isn't coming from my helmet, it's the torch in the hands of my pard.

Cheers,

Gordon

Attachment: 27.76 KB
gordon-torch-web.jpg

Chris, I've got an extra set of pics for you

Steve, this annual event draws a decent #, i would guessimate 250 - 300 re-enactors total, Chris may know more since this is his choice time period. About 100 yrs in the future for me.

Alex, Hey guy! Long time know hear from ya'. This my first Rev-War event as far as dressing for. Always hear "Under the Redcoat" event was cool.

David, unsure on the spontoon. It belonged to Chris who took it down to sell/trade.

Gordon, There was a Cavalry unit there, but I can't remember with what reg. the were. Have one or two shots of them but they kinda blurry.

Bill

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: