Fines, Crime and Punishment
so, im trying to do some research on fines in the medieval and viking eras as part of a display, my club has a pillory to lock the public in, take photos etc, all good fun

but, i figure theres a good oppertunity to have more info on display about fines and punishments,

ok first off yes i know the medieval era is incredably diverse both geographically and chronologically, but my group is a multiperiod one so i will pick whatever era is convenient and go from there as the mainstay of fines, but, ill also want some of the more unusual and juicier incidents as a crowd draw.

i also want to know more about viking era law and punishment because i also thought that would be interesting.
I could go into detail about the Viking 'blood-eagle', but it's too sickening to think about at this hour of the morning. :wtf: ...McM
Mark Moore wrote:
I could go into detail about the Viking 'blood-eagle', but it's too sickening to think about at this hour of the morning. :wtf: ...McM

im thinking about legislative punishments for the viking era, be it scandinavia, england or the franks,

for the medieval era i know most of them, hence why fines are a big focus for the rest of the era.
Start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weregild

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: