Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Project Windlass swords, spearhead, dagger, & cheap bascinetRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Collin D

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Project Windlass swords, spearhead, dagger, & cheap basc         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

In the interest of downsizing all of my weapon-related clutter, I've given myself a 6-month rule: if I haven't used an item or worked on a project in 6 months, and it's not part of a completed kit, it's time to get rid of it. So to that end, I have a few items to get rid of (I might end up finding another dagger or spearhead or some such tucked away, but this is most of it) from old projects: I don't want to deceive anyone, they all have something done to them (and not incredibly well, as these were some of my first projects!). All items are structurally sound, and changes are cosmetic. I've tried my best to take pictures, and will describe any flaws in the items to the best of my ability, but please don't hesitate to ask for more details or better pictures! I have more, but in the interest of posting limits I've only included the ones that best show any issues.

Payment through Paypal, and shipping is not included in the price: the swords will likely be around $20-25 USD and the dagger, spearhead, and helmet around $10-15 USD within the continental US. I can give you more accurate numbers with a destination ZIP Code, and I'll shop around between USPS and UPS to find the cheapest rate: buy multiple things that I can stick in one box, and you'll save more Wink

I'm having trouble directly attaching the files, so I've linked them through imgur: if you would like them e-mailed, I can certainly do that if needed.

First up is a Windlass "Classic Medieval Sword" for $100 USD. Scabbard is untouched, the grip has been re-wrapped, it's been so long that I couldn't tell you too much about the leather used. Rust on the guard is from wood glue: as I recall, my plan had been to rust up some spots and darken the entire thing for a "relic" type look. I started to sharpen the blade but barely got into it, so it's not quite untouched but close.

Guard close-up

Next, a Windlass "Hungarian Saber" for $75 USD. On this one I had a go at removing some of the glossy dye from the scabbard, leading to a matte, dark, brown-with-a-hint-of-purple. Grip/guard/pommel are untouched (brass is just a bit patina-d), though one of the grip-wrap thread ends is sticking out and I did an admittedly somewhat sloppy job of semi-sharpening. Blade also has little specks of corrosion that I suspect are from the scabbard (similar corrosion appears in the same place on both sides).

Sharpening close-up

Blade corrosion

Scabbard comparison to untouched Windlass scabbard

Thirdly, a Windlass "Sword Hilted Dagger" for $45 USD. This has the same wrap-job as the Classic Medieval Sword, but with a little gap that I missed. Scabbard is untouched, has a bit of rusting on the guard and some small spots on the blade.

Wrap-gap closeup

Guard rust

Blade rust

The last two items appear in the group shot and I can provide detailed pictures upon request, but there's nothing too exciting to show. A Windlass "Large Leaf Blade Spearhead," $20 USD. This one is totally untouched, got it for a kit that just sort of fell off the radar. The last is a GDFB "European Pig Faced Helmet," without the pig face bit, for $30 USD: I removed the visor, so it's just the skull now. It's gone through a series of erratic cold-bluing and sanding for a generally "splotchy" look, but I could buff it back to shiny for you if you'd like.

Feel free to ask any questions or request different pictures!
Collin D

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I would like to issue a quick public apology: I took a little tumble on some ice and of course had the good fortune to have my fall cushioned by my computer! But it's back up and running, and I've replied to all interested based on the order of messages received. All items are currently tentatively claimed, and I'll update as final decisions are made.

Thank you all!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Project Windlass swords, spearhead, dagger, & cheap bascinetRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic