This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I have a rare sword for your consideration. This is one of the 18th century hangers that was on display at the Governor's Palace at Colonial Williamsburg. I don't know for sure who made them, but there were dozens adorning the walls at the Governor's Palace, along with muskets, pistols and smallswords. During the restoration of the palace, the weapons were taken down for conservation and cleaning, and what I hear is some of them were offered for sale. I happened to find this one, and have enjoyed displaying it at my Living History events for awhile, but now it's time for it to find a new home. Stats are: Overall length, 33", blade 27" weight, about 1.5 lbs. Handle is brass with twisted fine brass wire on the grip. Guard and knucklebow are also solid brass. Blade is slightly sharpened high carbon steel, marked "Hadley" and also with the Broad Arrow. There are a few spots of "patina" you may want to clean from the blade. Comes with a black, heavy leather sheath I had made for it. Sword is a close copy of sword number 10 from Neumann's Swords and Blades of the American Revolution (Circa 1725 - 1750). Asking $299 shipping and Paypal fees included (in the USA). PM me if interested, or make an offer.