Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Having some issues with communication ! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gregory T Kallok

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jan, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Having some issues with communication !         Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have been trying very hard to get a Good quality Norman Nasal helmet or Viking spectacle helmet Made. I do understand that the People that are noted for producing great work are VERY busy. I have contacted several of the ones recommended from here and I am not having any luck. I am polite and in No hurry. I dont want anything ornate or intricate. I am looking for a helmet that a Viking anywhere from the 9-11 century might use. I want it to be something along the lines of a simple warrior might use. The thing is that most of the people do NOT respond back to me. Out of the couple that have out of several the information they send me is incomplete and the Pictures of their helmets dont match the prices. No names of course but one guy from Eastern Europe had a helmet pictured for 550 Euros with an full Face aventail and cloth pad. I emailed back and he said that the Aventail and cloth backing was extra and had to be farmed out by another vender. This added a Lot to the helmet. I thought about it for a day and decided to proceed. I asked for a deposit amount and what are the paypal instructions. I also asked him what head measurements i need to make. He asked me "if i had a paypal account". I told him i had and again asked him what deposit do you need , what measurements should I take of my head and what email or phone number do i send it too? I got another reply , "yes , send it paypal" and that was it. i never heard back from him. I have had a couple tell me they are booked up or recovering from surgery which is fine. But my issue is "doesnt anyone want my business"? Does anyone have any suggestions as to who to go to get a helmet? If not, i guess i could go to "Wulflund" or a similar site. Any ideas Please?
You guys rock and ty. I hope i dont come across the wrong way but i have honestly been trying for 6 weeks now and no luck!
Thanks Greg

Keep your nose in the Wind and your eye on the skyline.
Del Q
Mark Moore

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unless you are just really against India-made replicas, Kult of Athena has plenty of good Viking-era helms for sale...some in 14ga. if you plan on fighting. You'd get it a lot quicker with less hassle. Happy ....McM

www.kultofathena.com

''Life is like a box of chocolates...'' --- F. Gump
Drew Griffiths

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Though I haven’t yet placed an order, check out Tomala. The nasal helms look really good form his website photos and communication in the past was quick when I’ve had questions regarding their products.
Gregory T Kallok

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mr. Tomala was one of the people that I kept playing "email tag" with. I don't mean any offence to him but I asked for paypal instructions , what head measurements deposit requirements and I couldn't get a answer to my questions. I was looking at KOA but I won't buy a product like this from India. I have spent 2 months of evening time looking. The guts from Wulflund answered my questions completely so I'm probably going with them. I'm gonna look for another week and if I can't find anything else in going with them. My point in all this is that I don't feel comfortable at all sending my money anywhere that I don't feel at leSt 80 % confident in. That's just me and again, I'm not trying to question anyone's business practices. Its just doesn't instill confidence in me.. Thanks and ty for taking your time to answer me
Del Q
Leo Todeschini
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jan, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kevin Legg at Plessis Armouries in the UK is very good and is my 'go to guy' when I do museums etc.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=plessis%20armouries

In North America I would go to Royal Oak

Tod

www.todsworkshop.com
www.todcutler.com
www.instagram.com/todsworkshop
https://www.facebook.com/TodsWorkshop
www.youtube.com/user/todsstuff1
Gregory T Kallok

PostPosted: Thu 01 Feb, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was contacted by a Smith thanks to Tod. I was getting a little concerned about not getting a commission but by Todd's recomendation I was contacted, all my questions answered and as so one as I can get my measurements i will send the deposit. Thanks Tod!!
Del Q

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Having some issues with communication !
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic