Where to find ribbed metal banding?
Hi folks, Does anyone know where I can get ribbed metal such as found on the Sutton Hoo helmet? The stuff that separates the pressblechs?

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

Everybody I know who uses it makes their own, either with a rolling mill, a draw plate or a swage.
You might persuade them to sell you some but nobody makes it to sell as such.
Check the jewelry supply houses for 'pattern wire' or 'gallery wire' like this. You might find something in nickel silver.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

All contents © Copyright 2003-2006 myArmoury.com — All rights reserved
Discussion forums powered by phpBB © The phpBB Group
Switch to the Full-featured Version of the forum