Austrian M. 1861 Infantry Officers Sabers
Hello all,

I recently purchased an antique of the titular sword and I've been trying to research it while I wait for its arrival. Emphasis on trying as I've had very little luck. Has anyone owned one of these or know a good source with info about them? I'm not looking for anything terribly specific but I'd be very interested in their history, usage, reception and so forth if anyone knows about it.

Cheers!
I have a nice one with brass fittings. Basically, there really is no good source to read about them. When I got mine I tried to research it and didn't find out much. They were used up to WW1 by infantry officers of many different infantry units including police. There are two or three blade lengths for different services and one very short version for mountaineer units. I have seen them with iron, plated iron and brass fittings, iron or leather scabbards...
Luka Borscak wrote:
I have a nice one with brass fittings. Basically, there really is no good source to read about them. When I got mine I tried to research it and didn't find out much. They were used up to WW1 by infantry officers of many different infantry units including police. There are two or three blade lengths for different services and one very short version for mountaineer units. I have seen them with iron, plated iron and brass fittings, iron or leather scabbards...

I believe the Brass fittings were for Bavarian officers but I could be incorrect. I used German sword sites to find my info.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: