Go to page Previous  1, 2

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Henry V? Black Prince? Dresden Rapier? Gustav Vasa? etc., etc., etc.

Steve, I like you, man. So few people seem to have such a diverse interest in these things. You have everything in your list from a single-handed pointy sword to a giant rapier-hilted riding sword to a side sword/rapier. Nice!!
Sale Length
Howdy All

Sorry to leave a few questions hanging. Its been hectic around the shop lately.

Russ the sale will go at least another week at this point. It is dependent on what is ordered and how much back log it creates. The sale page on the website will be posted with a notice at least a couple days in advance of the closure.

Yea I know Stephen I have a couple of pics like this I have been planning to do desktops with, I should get to it in the next couple of weeks.

Lancelot, sorry about that I have been in email contact with him my response to his first query went off to the either and he never got it. Sorry about that.

Best
Craig
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Steve Grisetti wrote:

Steve, I like you, man. So few people seem to have such a diverse interest in these things. You have everything in your list from a single-handed pointy sword to a giant rapier-hilted riding sword to a side sword/rapier. Nice!!

Thanks, Nathan. The diversity of the sword forms is a lot of what interests me. Oddly enough, though, I am really not interested in the Asian sword forms - don't know why.
The sale puts the Ed III sword around its previous price tag. If I have a big enough tax refund, maybe I'll fulfill my 5-year dream of owning this sword. :D -Ted
Joe Fults wrote:
...When will the sale end?

I note that the A&A website now says the sale ends April 8!! :cry:

Arghh! I haven't finished my taxes yet! :\
Sale end date.
Hello All

As Steve has pointed out, the sale will be ending on this coming friday at 5 pm. That is April 8th.

Thanks to all that have participated so far and I will keep the current items list updated daily so those last minute shoppers can see what is available with no wait time. The overall turn around time is not to bad at the moment so any sale item should be there in normal time frames.

Best to All
Craig
Well I guess I just can't help myself: So SO weak :blush:

So I'm ordering the Saxon Dagger # 070 ( At least keeping the financial damage small or smaller than usual ! )

I seem to be drifting to the Renaissance here so a rapier can't be too far in the future :lol:

I'm starting to look at the Cavalier Rapier or the Town Guard sword as a possible future purchases, hopefully end of year ;) :lol:
Yesterday I called A&A and ordered a Henry V sword!! :) Originally opted for an Edward III but the budget said no. :( It's OK, I admire Henry just as much especially after seeing it in Westminster Abbey a couple years ago. -Ted
Quote:

The verdict is in. And the winner is...(drum roll, please)...Gustav Vasa. After agonizing over the choices, I finally went back to my "roots", in a way. When I first became interested in this hobby, there were two A&A pieces that really spoke to me from the beginning. One was their German Bastard Sword, which I acquired a couple of months ago (and for which I continue to be grateful to Nathan Robinson). The other was the Gustav Vasa. Henry V also spoke to me (and continues to do so), but only after the GBS and the GV.

I also want to thank Craig Johnson for taking time out of his busy day, today, to indulge my questions. I enjoyed our discussion, Craig, and I hope that didn't extend your work day too much!! For those who are noting the date and deadline, I followed the time-honored procrastinators motto "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow".

My next priority is to get busy on sword storage/display space, since my current temporary spot is about full!
Steve;

I second that: Craig is very helpful explaining things and is willing to make changes at the request of the client as long as they make sense, like increasing the R.C. hardness of edges if requested. He will take the time to explain what the limits would be and if its a good idea or not.

Specifically I wanted slightly harder edges on a dagger I'm getting as knives don't need as much shock resistance as swords and can be a little harder without being brittle. With knives I am also more used to the higher hardness of modern knives as being the norm, so the somewhat softer historically correct hardness seems ..... well: Too soft :blush: :lol:

So, with Craig's advice and imput, we arrived at a good compromise between what his usual hardness is and what I prefer.
( Naturally for a small and very reasonable increase in cost. )

Oh, he did the same thing for a previous order last year. ( Hedge hardening my Viking spear and 12th century spear. )

So dealing with Craig is always a pleasure. :D
Quote:
When I first became interested in this hobby, there were two A&A pieces that really spoke to me from the beginning. One was their German Bastard Sword, which I acquired a couple of months ago (and for which I continue to be grateful to Nathan Robinson). The other was the Gustav Vasa.

That's very ironic Steve, as those are my two favorite A&A pieces as well (with the English Bastard Sword being a close third). We must have similar taste... very good taste! I've got the GBS and just have to come up with the funds for the Gustav Vasa. Be sure to post some pictures and your impressions when you get it. Congratulations! :)
Mark Mattimore wrote:
Quote:
When I first became interested in this hobby, there were two A&A pieces that really spoke to me from the beginning. One was their German Bastard Sword, which I acquired a couple of months ago (and for which I continue to be grateful to Nathan Robinson). The other was the Gustav Vasa.

That's very ironic Steve, as those are my two favorite A&A pieces as well (with the English Bastard Sword being a close third). We must have similar taste... very good taste! I've got the GBS and just have to come up with the funds for the Gustav Vasa. Be sure to post some pictures and your impressions when you get it. Congratulations! :)

I look forward to doing that. I just need to be patient for the 8 week lead time! Of course, my photos will never equal that quality of those gorgeous pictures posted by Nathan in his collection here on myArmoury:
http://www.myArmoury.com/swor_aa_vasa.html?4#
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: