Recent swords finished by Davis Reproductions
Hi All,

Here are a few projects I have recently finished up.

The first one is a 15th C. arming sword. The scabbard is a wooden core wrapped in leather with silver plated parts and an enameled St. George shield.

Here are the specs. for the sword:
Overall length: 36.25"
Blade length: 30"
Grip length: 4"
Balance point: 3.25"
Weight: 1252g or 2.7lbs
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

This second project is a 14th C. Gallowglass axe and sword. Both items were based off of historical examples and brought to a hand finish.

Here are the specs:
Axe overall length: 63"
Axe blade length:11.5"
Sword overall length: 39.25"
Blade length: 32.25"
Grip length: 3.75"
Balance point: 5.75"
Weight: 1166g or 2.6lbs
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

They were both very fun projects and the customers were pleased with the results as am I.

I have also updated my website so feel free to check out more of my work!!

www.davisreproductions.com

Thanks,

Josh
Awesome stuff. I particularly like the Gallowglass arms... they're so infrequently reproduced. Your really captured it.
I have to echo what Nathan says. I really like both the Gallowglass sword and especially the axe. I have started to put some serious thought into having one of these made.I also have to say really good job on the scabbard as that is the style shown in most depictions of the era.
Very nice work Josh. Well done.
well done on the Gallowglass, lovely.
Wow....I mean just.....WOW. Everything I'm seeing here is pushing all the right buttons. Most excellent, indeed. ;) ....McM
I agree with the others, the gallowglass set is just stunning! Both the sword and the axe are excellent!
These are spectacular - I particularly like the axe! It does the work of being both very distinctive and yet still very seemly.

How did you work the engraving?

M.
Thank you everyone for the kind words. They were very fun projects.

As for the engraving on the axe blade I used cold chisels, then heattreated the edge of the axe. I also use gun blue to accent the lines a little better.

Josh
Josh, this is great stuff. I absolutely love the gallowglass set and have been wanting a replica of this axe for a while. The baldric is perfect. I love to follow your work.
Very nice work Josh. Especially love the gallowglass stuff.

Jason

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: