What was the usage of it?
Hello

I am new here and I dag up this thing few days ago near a castle. My question is:" What that is and why were they using it?". If you have any idea please reply. Also if you ever seen it somewhere put a picture.

Thank you

Alen Iršič

Attachment: 135.42 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 129.2 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 154.79 KB
[ Download ]

Last edited by Alen Irsic on Sat 28 Oct, 2017 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Looks like part of some horse bridle rigging or some other kind of hardware. My best guess. :wtf: ...McM
Maybe it's part of the fittings for a spur strap ? Any idea of the size ? That might make possible identification easier ?
That hemispherical part looks like half of a "jingle bell", to me. So, something from a more festive horse or carriage harness? I don't know horse stuff, though!

My gut reaction is also that it's not very old. But it's more interesting than the marbles and toy cars that turn up in *my* yard!

Matthew
Now that you say it..that bit about the "jingle bell" looks very probable :)
The bit on the inside of the 'jingle bell' looks like a flattened split-rivet. It was probably attached to a leather strap, further enhancing my idea that it was part of a bridle. Do an image search of 'horse bridle bits' and you will see a ton of stuff veeeery similar in construction. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it. :p :lol: .....McM
And I also agree...it's not really extremely old. Probably late 19th-early 20th c. ;) ....McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: