Question on finding Reserch Sources
I'm having some trouble with finding information, i don't know any of the tricks or sites that might be helpful, i'm really just Googling it and crossing my fingers. So IF there's any way to easier get to some correct information other that Wikipedia that would be nice :)
What are you researching, and why? I'm sorry to start off like this, but your question is so broad that narrowing it down somewhat will go a long way toward finding a helpful answer.
Re: Question on finding Reserch Sources
Casper Boesen wrote:
I'm having some trouble with finding information, i don't know any of the tricks or sites that might be helpful, i'm really just Googling it and crossing my fingers. So IF there's any way to easier get to some correct information other that Wikipedia that would be nice :)

i agree with Dan, if you can narrow it down a bit (where and when, maybe what?) it makes it much easier to offer useful advice.

But one place you can start in general is look up the sources referenced on those Wikipedia pages you found. You can often find those sources for free on google books or Project Gutenberg. Look at those books and look up their sources, especially primary sources (transcriptions or translations of records from long ago) and things like archeological studies and so on.

Then try to isolate search terms for these primary sources and google those and see what you can find.
Search the references of your sources.

The references in Wikipedia provide an easy place to start.

The Internet Archive has a lot of older books out of copyright that are free for download. These are great sources. These books have a lot of additional sources in their bibliographies.

Always try to track a source back to its origin.

When I am doing research my list of sources balloons exponentially.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: