Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Wood Core Scabbards, Permanent Assy, other new stuff Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Wood Core Scabbards, Permanent Assy, other new stuff         Reply with quote

The thing about working with a Japanese sword fittings guy is that if you can make a great custom saya, you should be able to do the wood core of a western sword scabbard.

The first prototype cores are done, working on leather wrap. Hope to have one complete in time for 4W..

The first permanent assembled in house sword has been finished too.

http://www.atrimasa.com/NewStuff.html

Have yet to decide whether this will be for a new lineup, or an upgrade on select current models.

New Eljay hilts inbound, including a German basket, and English basket, and a proto mortuary hilt.......

Hopefully photos for the wood scabbard will be ready within a week.

swords are fun
Alina Boyden

PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wood Core Scabbards, Permanent Assy, other new stuff         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
The thing about working with a Japanese sword fittings guy is that if you can make a great custom saya, you should be able to do the wood core of a western sword scabbard.

The first prototype cores are done, working on leather wrap. Hope to have one complete in time for 4W..

The first permanent assembled in house sword has been finished too.

http://www.atrimasa.com/NewStuff.html

Have yet to decide whether this will be for a new lineup, or an upgrade on select current models.

New Eljay hilts inbound, including a German basket, and English basket, and a proto mortuary hilt.......

Hopefully photos for the wood scabbard will be ready within a week.

I think the peened pommels are a great idea Gus.

Oh, and just a side thought. Now that you've delved into katanas and things, is there any chance you might be willing to try your hand at Medieval Islamic swords? I still haven't found anyone other than custom smiths to make these things, and, like my picture thread shows, most of them are really beautiful even when built for function.
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wood Core Scabbards, Permanent Assy, other new stuff         Reply with quote

Alina Boyden wrote:
I think the peened pommels are a great idea Gus.

Thanks Alina

With the new stuff, higher production rates, and still cleaning up the AllSaints stuff, my plate's a bit full. Not going to be able to think beyond sabers anytime soon.....

Auld Dawg

swords are fun
Alina Boyden

PostPosted: Tue 15 Feb, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wood Core Scabbards, Permanent Assy, other new stuff         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Thanks Alina

With the new stuff, higher production rates, and still cleaning up the AllSaints stuff, my plate's a bit full. Not going to be able to think beyond sabers anytime soon.....

Auld Dawg

But sabers are like boring, lamer versions of saifs, shamshirs, and kilijs'sss (<--I can't make that plural)
Ross McCarthy

PostPosted: Thu 24 Feb, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You certainly do some beautiful work Angus Big Grin
R. McCarthy

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Wood Core Scabbards, Permanent Assy, other new stuff
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic