Modern Swordsmiths Marks database ?
I've noticed recently there's been a few posts asking for identification of "presumably modern" swordsmiths marks. Would it be possible to set up some form of photo record/database of recent (20th-21st C) marks ? I believe this could prove valuable to current and future owners of swords. As makers come and go..details of who made what could be preserved for future generations of sword lovers. We already have reasonable records of pre-20th C makers and manufacturers..but there seems to be a lack of readily accessible info on anything post-1900 till today. Given that most custom makers don't have a commercially long life-span or large-scale output..potentially valuable swords could slip into limbo because no-one can tell for certain just who made the sword or the rough date the sword was made. What do folks think of the idea of some sort of database of maker;s marks ? Mind you..I'm not suggestion a record of all their production, or details on how to contact them or stuff like that - just the marks they stamp into their blades.
Try this Spotlight thread: Modern sword manufacturers hallmarks.

:)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: