A lot of work.
Hi All
Lots of work, lots of fun. I want to share with you all.
I hope this is nice.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Those are really cool sabres (szabla?). I like the multi-fullered blades but the hilt on the last one is my favorite.

Please forgive an ignorant question: what is the purpose of the cross piece perpendicular to the guard? To prevent opponent blades from sliding down the side of the blade to the fingers? Why does it extend into the grip? Isn't this uncomfortable?
Lovely. Incredible. Historical. Excellent.

I'm looking at the pages of Wojciech Zablocki's " Szable Swiata " come to life ... wow.
Wow, that's incredible. Your sabers are wonderful pieces of work. The knuckle guards ones are extremely pretty, but the last one is also by far my favourite. Il love these long straight quillons and this perpendicular piece. Maybe in the future I will ask you one piece like this, when I'll have the money for!
I rather like those daggers!

M.
Thank you all for the good words.
Matthew is a very good book. :)
J.D. Crawford The cross piece perpendicular to the guard well stabilizes the whole structure. And it keeps the scabbard well during fast horse riding.
Absolutely amazing work, as always.
That's very interesting! I didn't know that the vertical cross piece (the one perpendicular to the guard) had any non-aesthetic functions! I would also have to say that they last one is my favourite as well! I think that it is the most graceful looking kilij that I have ever seen!

Jon Makar

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: