Albion Maximilian: half-wire grip.
As requested, a few photos of my Max, just returned from its birthplace with a new half-wire grip treatment. Again, I have to commend Albion on the quick turnaround. In less than twenty four hours it arrived at Albion and was back on its way home. The works execution is excellent, very clean and secure and I think it takes the sword up a couple of notches aesthetically. Albion didn't offer this option when I ordered the sword and I've long wished I'd had it done. I'd never returned it due to the costs involved in shipping this one, which are enough to make your nose bleed. In the end, I guess I just got tired of looking at it and wishing it were so. I'm having a scabbard made and I decided, "Why not?" might as well go all out on it. I'm happy I did.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Very nicely done and a great look. Of all the big swords from Albion, this is one with great appeal to me.

Cheers

GC
Glen A Cleeton wrote:
Very nicely done and a great look. Of all the big swords from Albion, this is one with great appeal to me.

Cheers

GC

Of the three models, the roped furniture is what did it for me initially. I was thinking of calling Mike and having them add wire wrap between the two upper risers, but they were just too quick on the turn around.
Stunning. Looking forward to seeing the scabbard you have coming. I'd love to have one of these one day.
That's nice!
That's bad-a** x 10. Wise choice, my friend. The wire turns it to a whole new ball game. Yeppers. ;) :D ......McM
That really looks great Patrick. The wrap ties in nicely with the design of the guard and pommel.

On a side note, it is also great to hear of the quick turn around time on this.
Beautiful piece! Love the double fullers and detailing on the hilt.
I loved the Maximilian from the moment its concept art was posted on the Albion site, and I love the half-wire grip on it! Such sword envy right now! A sword and blade perfect for setting aside at pike hafts and hewing the legs off 16th century men in half plate....(I swear I'm not a sadistic killer, I just really like placing a weapon in historical scenarios)
That makes a great sword even better. And the scabbard will surely take it up another notch or two.
That is stunning...I never knew what I thought about half-wire before, but you've convinced me....drool...
An amazing piece for sure. Your photography skills are in a league of their own as well...damn......Digging the t shirt too...Larry

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: