Re-do my Windlass Grip
Hey all,

Novice sword owner here. Recently acquired a Windlass Hungarian Saber. I'm pretty happy with it overall given the price, but I would like to upgrade the grip.

It comes with a very slender and poorly stitched slick leather grip. I went ahead and removed that since the plain wood underneath was honestly better. I was wondering what are some of the best and easiest ways I could upgrade this? I've considered putting a finish on the wood, leather wrapping, or wire wrapping and I was wondering what everyones advice would be?

Also, please note I do not have access to many tools or a work bench at the moment, so simple upgrades are the best I can do right now.

Thank you!
You might just give it a wrap with leather cord or lacing. You can get it at any craft store or Walmart. It would give you a bit of cushion and thickness, as well as a good grip. :) Cheap fix, and you can always remove it. :) ....McM
You might want to read through the article The Instant Antique: A Practical Guide to Adding Antique Effects to Replica Arms http://myArmoury.com/feature_antique.html. The section on Grips discusses just what you are looking to do.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: