Member Name Registered Confirmed
Member Name
Member Name
Nathan Robinson
Sept 23-24 2017 25th Annual Settler's Day Manville RI
An event I have attended and displayed at since 2003

[ Linked Image ]
http://www.msrgc.com/

Most of the posse have been getting involved with the Hurstwic combat and history group with a sidebar of sudden longbow practice. It will be interesting to see if the fellows put on some demonstration. We had a bit last year.
www.hurstwic.com/

[ Linked Image ]

I generally have a mess of antiques and it is getting a little out of control. Adding some logistic issues this year, I will likely be cutting back on what I load out of storage. I need a plan, space and brain to continue my vice in some style. Maybe a non-profit org. The eagles likely and some reproductions. Knives, a plethora of EGW.

[ Linked Image ]

With some lead time, I will update any info or cancellations but I plan on at least a small table, or full blown. Life is uncertain. Let me know if one would like to participate in display. The club is wide open to any and all vendors/activity, just let them know. Lots of area(s) to set up. There is a regular blacksmith and reenactors, some camping out for the weekend.

Cheers

GC
We're about a month out from this. I have an ominous feeling it may be a wet weekend but we did manage inside one day after a canopy collapse the year before. Rain or shine, as it says but I will be just tailgating or inside if it's wet and if I actually show up.

That said, we'll vote for a crisp equinox weekend with lots of sun.

Cheers

GC
Weather is looking good for this but it is beginning to look like a last hurrah for some friends involved with this. This will mean many fewer reproductions, fewer tables and likely less I will be exhibiting myself. I hope to continue year to year with a display of 18th and 19th century swords, along with a few reproductions and knives. I have to admit that I am generally dragging by the end of these days but still enjoyable enough to return.

Hope to see you there. BYO chairs. As always, I will announce any cancellations.

Cheers

GC
The younger gang have decided the event is not a go for them this year but I am packed up with a couple of tables worth of 18th and 19th century swords. Two good weather days and it will give me a chance to air stuff that has been in storage this year. No medieval reproductions at all and only the short yari for spears. Everything else the old except the knives.

A good venue and event even without tables of swords, so come on down and chuck some hawks or line up at the range for a spell of black powder, from percussion to a Barret .50. Archery, a blacksmith and various vendors. The National Guard has been a regular on Saturdays with a portable rock wall.

Gets me out and about

Cheers
GC

A new belle at the ball
[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: