Great Helm from Deepeeka..
Finally....Deepeeka made something half-assed decent. If you're into SCA, BOTN, or any other steel-on-steel fighting...if you want a DIY Great Helm....this just might be the ticket. I ordered mine about 10 minutes ago. I will most likely have it bead-blasted and have my sister(a professional artist) paint my personal coat-of-arms on the blank side. Hell yeah..... :D :p ....McM

www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AH3829N...auge+Steel
Here's a VERY ROUGH idea of what I have in mind. My Sis is much more the artist than myself. :lol: The whole helm would be powder coated in eggshell white, with gold applique' around the breaths and eye-slit on the other side. Sick...just totally SICK. :eek: :D .....McM

Attachment: 42.03 KB
WIN_20170913_16_56_22_Pro.jpg

Looks... Romantic. :D
I'm so getting one of these. Thanks Mark! Maybe you should start a website for finding these things. You are awesome.
Thanks, Joshua. It will be a work-in-progress for a while. My sister stays pretty busy. As for me...I can't paint a wall without messing it up! :lol: I can draw pretty well, but colors and mixing and blending are a trait I never picked up. :( My dad was also a painter, specializing in landscapes. My house is full of his works. :) .....McM
Well, I received the helm today, well packaged from KoA as always...and fast too! I must say...I'm impressed. To save a bunch of space here, just see the link above and see my review on KoA (when they print it). Awesome helm! I'll figure out my final plans for it and get some GOOD photos of the finished piece when the time comes. Get one before they sell out! ;) You'll like it! :D (I do not work for KoA or Deepeeka, I was not given anything for this endorsement, and I paid for the product with my own money. :) ) ....McM
Here is another new one...

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...-+20+Gauge

Attachment: 45.51 KB
helm.jpg

Thanks, Phil....I saw that one earlier today. It would be okay for a display piece, but, 20ga. and butted mail....nah. My armor may not be what some would call 'combat ready', but I at least want it to be (semi)functional. At first, I was a little worried that the Great Helm might be too heavy, but it's not too bad at all....just a hair over 7 pounds. I say I have great plans for it, but the more I look at it...he may just get a chin strap and a buffing. It's too sweet NOT to wear. :D :lol: ......McM

Attachment: 36.62 KB
WIN_20170920_19_56_14_Pro.jpg

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: