Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Herman Historica typo? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Herman Historica typo?         Reply with quote

Don't know if I'm just reading it wrong or if there is a major typo in H-H's on-line catalog. Just browsing thru while shoving a sandwich down my neck, and Lot# 3700 is a Schiavona listed at 120 Euro. This can't be right. Can someone else please confrim this for me. If it's not a typo,, what a horrible time to be complete broke. Sad

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Herman Historica typo?         Reply with quote

William Goodwin wrote:
Don't know if I'm just reading it wrong or if there is a major typo in H-H's on-line catalog. Just browsing thru while shoving a sandwich down my neck, and Lot# 3700 is a Schiavona listed at 120 Euro. This can't be right. Can someone else please confrim this for me. If it's not a typo,, what a horrible time to be complete broke. Sad

Bill

It's a reproduction. The basket looks very much like a mid 90's Del Tin, though it has a brass pommel and the Del Tin had steel. The DT also had a leather-wrapped grip and a different blade. The shoulders on the HH blade and wire-wrap look very DT-ish to me, but who knows who made that.

Here is the direct link

And the description:

Quote:
im Stil um 1600. Zweischneidige, am Ansatz beidseitig dreifach gekehlte Klinge. Der eiserne Gitterkorb mit Daumenring, Messingknauf und gekordelter Eisendrahthilze. Länge 100,5 cm.

"In the style of 1600"

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nate C.

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

im Stil um 1600. = in the style around 1600..... I think it's a repro.

Hurrah for babelfish Big Grin . Hope this helps.

Nate C.

Sapere Aude
"If you are going to kill the man, at least give him a decent salute." - A. Blansitt

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, then Jumping Off Something. --Jack Handy
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan,
Thanks for the clarification. Thought I was going to be physically sick if this were an original and they had flubbed and missed a digit or two, but still a repro. for around $170? I really need to learn German.......

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc

Last edited by William Goodwin on Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

William Goodwin wrote:
Nathan,
Thanks for the clarification. Thought I was going to be physically sick if this were an original and they had flubbed and missed a digit or two, but still a repro. for around $170?

I thought about buying, too, but the disposable cash isn't there to pay for it, the shipping and auction fees, and ... well, it's not going to happen. Who knows if it's even heat-treated. It may just be one of those Spanish repros that were so common for home decor over the last few decades.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Herman Historica typo?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic