Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Crecy and DBK ScabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
John Gonzalez

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 21 Aug, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Albion Crecy and DBK Scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Up for sale, because I need the cash, is an amazing Albion Crecy and custom scabbard from Brian @ DBK. I waited close to a year for the sword from Albion and last I heard Brian is over 1.5 years out.

The sword itself has barely been handled, never used for cutting or anything silly like that Happy. It sat in the original Albion box until the scabbard arrived from Brian, at which point it's been wearing it's new pants on display in my office. It's only been out of the scabbard a few times, so it looks exactly like it did when it arrived from Albion. I should say that the blade finish 1-2" from the hilt isn't what I would call perfect. This is how it came from Albion. It didn't really bother me but I contacted Albion and they told me I could send it in to be touched up (for free) or I could fix it myself with a gray scotchbrite pad. I actually bought the pads but haven't found the time to mess with it. The area in question isn't bad at all, but if you are OCD you will probably notice it. I imagine Albion will touch it up it for free or you can probably easily do it yourself. I've tried to make the area in question look as bad as possible in the photos, just to make sure there are no surprises.

That said, this is an amazing piece. I was truly startled the first time I handled it; it is so incredibly lively for such a large sword. I have a serious elbow injury so I haven't played with it at all; but just holding it, I could understand all the reviews I read about the Crecy before I ordered it. Fit and finish are excellent, as you would expect. 

The DBK scabbard itself is a warm brown with hint of oxblood to flow with the grip of the sword. The belt is a more subdued brown, with just enough contrast to make it interesting without being gaudy. It's finished off with one of Brian's lovely chapes. I don't need to mention the quality of Brian's work, or how sought-after it is. Absolutely gorgeous work.

I paid ~$920 for the Crecy shipped from Albion and another $1001 for the scabbard shipped (in a rifle case) from Brian.
I'm looking to get $1575 for the sword and scabbard, shipped in the CONUS. No trades, please.

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Albion Crecy and DBK ScabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic