Hanwei Cawood tear-down?
Has anyone ever taken this sword apart, as in down to the bare tang? This is one of my all time favorites, but I sure would like to know what's 'under the hood'. Or, maybe I don't want to know. :\ If anyone has done this and has any info or photos, I sure would like to know! The grip is pretty wide and the peen is fairly large, so I figure the tang must be a good size. Thanks in advance. :) .....McM
Hi Mark,

Years ago, when these were first released, I remember seeing a picture of a bare tang somewhere though I can't recall exactly where. It appeared quite beefy compared to many production swords. This and the light weight of the sword (as well as its looks), are what compelled me to buy one (which I think you now own:) ).
Ehhhh....No, Ian....I bought mine brand new from KOA. Anyway...that's good to hear about the beefy tang. I must say, the blade on my particular sword is probably one of the nicest Hanwei ever made. Whoever built that one was having a reeeeally good day! :D Thanks!......McM
I've seen the tang on the original museum sword, and it's all there and then some. If Hanwei built it anything like that, it's one heck of a sword! :D ....McM
Mark C. Moore wrote:
Ehhhh....No, Ian....I bought mine brand new from KOA. Anyway...that's good to hear about the beefy tang. I must say, the blade on my particular sword is probably one of the nicest Hanwei ever made. Whoever built that one was having a reeeeally good day! :D Thanks!......McM

You're right, it was the Norman! Now, I'm starting to question my memory. Could well have been those photos of the original I was thinking of.
To tell you the truth, I don't even have your Norman anymore. I traded it for a Hanwei Renaissance side-sword, then turned around and bought another Norman brand new! :lol: ......McM

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: